Quote check for repairing blown external roughcast

Members online

acocky5

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some opinions on a quote I've received for repairing some blown external roughcast (definitely not pebbledash, bigger stones)

The repairs are mainly on the gable side of my 3 bed semi. Two major blown areas and a 6m horizontal run at the bottom. Aswell as this, the rear of the property, the above level around a bedroom window needs to come off completely and re-layed.

Price also includes painting to gable, upper rear of property (lower level is having walls knocked out and extension built)

Including all the above, materials and tower scaffold. £2400.00

Thanks

Why not spend the cash on some lavish lapdancers who do extras behind the closed curtains

Sounds about right but without knowing exactly what they are doing it's hard to say.

thanks for the only genuine non-sarcastic answer.

In reply to everyone else, I am in a rush to get something arranged, I like the guy who's quoted me and was just quickly enquiring to see if this was expensive or not, didn't think it would be particularly hard to picture a 2 storey 3 bed semi detached gable with approx 10 days work

Thanks STUART

In reply to everyone else, I am in a rush to get something arranged, I like the guy who's quoted me and was just quickly enquiring to see if this was expensive or not, didn't think it would be particularly hard to picture a 2 storey 3 bed semi detached gable with approx 10 days work

Thanks STUART

Pictures will help as with rendering anything could happen... get some more quotes and then you will get an idea on how much it will cost

Good luck

Thanks STUART
It's not ten days work mate and if it is its helluva cheap. You could completely strip and redo you whole house in less than ten days.

It's not ten days work mate and if it is its helluva cheap. You could completely strip and redo you whole house in less than ten days.

being over cautious, been told 5 days for the painting due to the thickness of the render, but can see your point can't imagine another 5 days patching a few areas. thanks again

I'd snap his hand off at that price...
On the other hand i'd be wary of him using tower scaffold...unless the width of his tower can cover the whole area being worked on.
Sounds a bit amateur to me...

being over cautious, been told 5 days for the painting due to the thickness of the render, but can see your point can't imagine another 5 days patching a few areas. thanks again
I would say the hack off and render would take longer than the painting and worth more, but without seeing it it's a guess.

I think it'll be fabulous, perhaps, or maybe or maybe not......well anyway it might .....or might not, though it could be if it was done right.....but who's to say it wouldn't look right done wrong....
"There are more questions than answers".......
I think it's cheap if done right, expensive if not, but relative when compared to other things more expensive.....
Hope this helps.

I think it'll be fabulous, perhaps, or maybe or maybe not......well anyway it might .....or might not, though it could be if it was done right.....but who's to say it wouldn't look right done wrong....
"There are more questions than answers".......
I think it's cheap if done right, expensive if not, but relative when compared to other things more expensive.....
Hope this helps.

:inocente: