quiz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpreadEm

407007_449107021832809_7394766_n | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
562541_449107135166131_1290122901_n | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Bit of fun,

someone asked for 2 walls skimming on facebook on a free adds page, baring in mind no one knew how many m2 it was or even asked for that matter, the comments were hilarious from these so called plasterers, 1 guy said 50 a wall, one said how much you willing to pay (lol) and another lad said £20 and ill come do it now (haha).

so i rang the guy linked him to my page and priced it the same day and went next afternoon and did the job in 1 hit.

so for a bit of fun i want to know how much you would have told the customer now you have seen the pics

and ill tell you what i charged in a bit,

i wouldnt really say its discussing prices, (well it is but come on its just bit of fun on a boring sunday :RpS_drool:)

Hope you got a sparks in for those sockets mind ! your lucky FFW isn't around or there would be trouble :RpS_lol:

lol well funny you should say that, the lad whos house it wa is a spark!!!! and he unscrewed em lol, but normally id do the same no biggy :RpS_thumbsup:

ive heard about this notorious socket thread im gonna go read it now.

Also i wanted to make this thread to point out how scary its getting out there with all the oneabees multiplying every day it seems.

This is off subject slightly but about 10yrs ago someone i know got 40m2 of block paving done for a slab of lager a day and (labour only) it still dose not puddle to this day took him eight days to do it mind and he had to be given the slab at the start of each shift !

I knew a guy who got a fiver in the morning,fiver at ten, fiver at one and tenner at five o clock, each time, he bought four cans of strong beer, I think he had a drink problem, sometimes he came in drunk and abused the boss and went home again, odd times..

Hmm bit strange this.

My old suspicious brain thinks this is a fishing expedition of some sorts.

Besides there are more than 2 walls you did there.

No mate not fishing, I don't really care what others charge, it was more about the Facebook post and all the silly 1 a bee spreads and their comments on pricing it.

Yea there's more than 2 walls, I guess he classed the chimney breast as part of the whole wall, but that's my point none of them even asked details about the job and just shouted out silly prices.

A ton for the two alcove walls ?.

You asked after seeing the pics what price, and that you would tell us what you charged from the pics .Thats two alcove walls + the breast and returns.

I'm just saying thats what you yourself have done for a ton.

Still silly price.

Not sure what yr saying jcrp?

i did the whole lot in 1 mix, thistle bond it mixed with pva it soaked straight in so no waiting then skimmed took 3.5 hrs

Why is it a silly price? cost me £20 in fuel and materials so £80 profit.

go on what would you have charged?

bearing in mind i just called off on my way home after my normal days work.

I just charged a fella £80 to skim a dot n dabbed fire breast and returns, two thin coat beads bag a multi! So I would say that a fair price, but could have pushed a bit more.... My opinion before jcr bites my head off....

lol in the old days that would have been £800 for the room :) £1000 if I had to do the lid as well.....

Please dont let this thread go down the route of many price discussions... :D

I would of got my Romanian plasterer to do it for a fiver ,joking aside , I posted a job once and got prices from 170 to 1700 for a normal sized bedroom, ps you can't talk about the old days when you are 29 .

I just charged a fella £80 to skim a dot n dabbed fire breast and returns, two thin coat beads bag a multi! So I would say that a fair price, but could have pushed a bit more.... My opinion before jcr bites my head off....
Don't worry bout jcr's comments!....

he couldn't even price a HSL job or how to price for removing wallpaper:RpS_sneaky:
lmfao :rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.