Quite interesting really

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Came across this the other day while searching the net for stuff , didn’t really dawn on me how long machine application has been around
From 1965 way back then it’s hard to imagine guys were pumping gear onto the walls back then, not just a decade ago but over 50 years ago , another interesting thought that crossed my mind while looking at walls at work the other day is say over the last ten years especially there seems to of been a surge of machine use in U.K. but again in terms of time from 1965 here seems a long time to surge as such over here or maybe it just me.
Consider myself quite a newbie to a lot of the older guys on here but can remember some guys on a site in 2007 using mp and remember thinking wtf are they doing , but here in 2019 and if I am correct the mp75 is now not readily available as it was then in merchants , again got me thinking why when seems a perfect solution to applying gear to walls and especially in one go , looking forward into the future really hope this isn’t a sign of things to come , ie boards everywhere and skim or maybe it already is
The idea back in 1965 was right for plasterers and what a good one it was or is but maybe in 2019 in U.K. the lack of plasterers being able to float out is why we are at where we are materials wise
The links attached of the history
https://www.knauf.com/en/knauf-partners/pft/

57C3B3F4-E12D-407E-A0D9-9196B22EACDE.jpeg

Can you remember when you may of first seen machine on a site malc , out of interest?

in the 70s a local chap started spraying with a machine. his advert on the side of his van was, 'it is faster by tube', he took on large contracts but he got fed up with all the problems on big sites, he moved to the USA.

about this time O'Connell ,a huge plastering company at the time, purchased 16 screed pumps, which were a god send. we could pump sand up into the high rise buildings for floating. a pump could pump up about 6 floors then they would have a second pump at this level to pump to the higher floors.

Used to love doing mp75 we used to spray 120m2 for first hit then a quick 70m2 for second
How good a finish was achievable Gary? I've only seen it a few times and the finish definitely wasn't comparable with float and set, but of course that could have been down to those doing it.

Yes we've sprayed that mp 75 it was ok . The finish was quite dull as I can remember it was a good 15 year ago