Quick set tip

John j

Mono Don
Best way to get skim so set in 5 mins. ( not pissing in it)
Builders asked me to sly of this job and do few reveals in leeds. Dont want to be there more then a hour

Plaster them in easyfil 20 or add some of it to the plaster for a set time a little bit slower than the easyfil. Adding cement makes the finish look black.

Have been experimenting with rapid set cement in bonding the last couple weeks. Its been kicking around in the van for ages, so thought I'd give it a go. Has worked quite well :)

you should keep an open bag of finish for jobs like that. 1 coat doesnt speed it up anymore than 2.
Never tried rapid set, sounds decent tho

After reading this forum i.ll ask the question everyones wanting to know.
How do you plaster . Is there really 20 ways to skim a wall

Jedi or sith

Well he just gave me some f**k**g bonding . f**k**g hour. Plan now mix a strong world famous ZOMBIE mix . Pack it out then skim on top with mucky water

Been using some half time in the mix today. Just a little bit of edge to edge over blue grit. Put a bit in with a small zombie mix and it went off like a rocket. Tried some later in a bit of bonding. Just a tight coat to level out some old tile adhesive with a few chases here and there. Was putting a single coat of multi over it about 25 mins later. Have a bit of thicker bonding to do tomorrow, then skim ceiling and a couple of walls. Hopefully all done in record time. Need more experimentation, but so far, so good.

Well i went for normal two coats as i got there early and didnt want to go.back to other job and have to do summet.

Well i went for normal two coats as i got there early and didnt want to go.back to other job and have to do summet.

Worth having a few sachets in the tool box mate. I bought 10 off eBay and for a lot of the small areas I do with bathrooms etc, reckon I'll be using it a fair bit.

Best way to get skim so set in 5 mins. ( not pissing in it)
Builders asked me to sly of this job and do few reveals in leeds. Dont want to be there more then a hour
Mix up some skim before you set off for the job, roughly 45 minutes before you expect to be getting started. Just mix some of the now stiff gear back into your gauging water and away you go.