Quick set tip

Is the temperature that sets the plaster - the higher the quicker. I can think of only one chemical that raises the temperature of the water- Na0H - sodium hydroxide.

Mix up some skim before you set off for the job, roughly 45 minutes before you expect to be getting started. Just mix some of the now stiff gear back into your gauging water and away you go.
Nice to see you again .
Thought about this but was going to leeds so it was between a 20 min trip and 4 hour

I used to mix a small bucket of gear at home to speed up the first move in winter when working on site.
I haven't done much actual fishing, I have been to the lake pretty much every day though. Got to see the carp spawning yesterday.

I've had 2 sessions so far. Just off the cuff, but going to make up for not going last year etc. Nothing to write home, a couple of low doubles, but def making time this year. Trying to keep rods in the van so can always have a session midweek if I finish early. Rather have 2 or 3 hours with the fish on the feed anyway.

I've had 2 sessions so far. Just off the cuff, but going to make up for not going last year etc. Nothing to write home, a couple of low doubles, but def making time this year. Trying to keep rods in the van so can always have a session midweek if I finish early. Rather have 2 or 3 hours with the fish on the feed anyway.
Sounds perfect mate.
For years I used to fish Wednesday nights and then go straight to site in the morning.

The job was for a chinese couple. Builder told me to just skim reveals. I did a little bit extra . But they just seemed to be shouting at each other and woman was saying nono no no no no no alot more then i can be bothered to type.
Think she was complaining bottom reveal had been left

I called builder and he said tell em we will tile it
I tried , but they kept shouting at each other .
Wife saying no no no no .
In end i said look i havent a clue what ye saying to me builder will be here tomorrow.
They stopped shouting and smiled and waved as i left . ..... was quiet pleased i had met some one who.s english was worse then mine

The job was for a chinese couple. Builder told me to just skim reveals. I did a little bit extra . But they just seemed to be shouting at each other and woman was saying nono no no no no no alot more then i can be bothered to type.
Think she was complaining bottom reveal had been left

I called builder and he said tell em we will tile it
I tried , but they kept shouting at each other .
Wife saying no no no no .
In end i said look i havent a clue what ye saying to me builder will be here tomorrow.
They stopped shouting and smiled and waved as i left . ..... was quiet pleased i had met some one who.s english was worse then mine

Your posts do make me laugh mate x

I'll come and put a window board on it :D

Been using some half time in the mix today. Just a little bit of edge to edge over blue grit. Put a bit in with a small zombie mix and it went off like a rocket. Tried some later in a bit of bonding. Just a tight coat to level out some old tile adhesive with a few chases here and there. Was putting a single coat of multi over it about 25 mins later. Have a bit of thicker bonding to do tomorrow, then skim ceiling and a couple of walls. Hopefully all done in record time. Need more experimentation, but so far, so good.
Always use half time in bonding for patching 2 sachets for a bag don't matter how thick can skim in half an hour, got to move quick though as only workable for about 15 mins then flash sets, also don't get any shrinkage with it

Always use half time in bonding for patching 2 sachets for a bag don't matter how thick can skim in half an hour, got to move quick though as only workable for about 15 mins then flash sets, also don't get any shrinkage with it

Just bonded out quite a deep area and like you say mate, ready to go after half an hour. Some will moan at the cost, but time is more valuable.

[QTE="Lodan, post: 1141115, member: 29624"]Always use half time in bonding for patching 2 sachets for a bag don't matter how thick can skim in half an hour, got to move quick though as only workable for about 15 mins then flash sets, also don't get any shrinkage with it[/QUOTE]

Hydrated lime will flash set bonding if you know how much to stick in.