Questions about Dot & Dab.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewils

Now that my ceiling has been successfuly boarded, I now nee to dot & dab the walls, but fist a couple of questions.

- I have been advised to leave a gap around the bottom of the plasterboard, why is this? how big should it be?

- The walls are 2.7m high, so stardard boards will not fill in one go. Should I offset each board, so that I don't have one join all around the room at 2.4m high?

Thanks guys,

Steve.

use a doubled up piece of off cut board as a spacer to stand your full board on,(this is enough space off the floor) i wouldn't bother staggering them just stick your cuts on the top for ease.

As for why it needs to be off the floor ill let everyone else answer that im sure there is 1000000000 different reasons

if the floor needs laying the boards must not be below the damp coarse

Last edited:
Put your first board on a couple of packers then cut the strip off your next board to fill the top in then use that board and so on and you won't have any joints lining up. :)

flynnyman has the right idea, most of the time though i just keep it a full board and put the cuts in the top.

as for packers just cut 10cm squares or a off cut and place one under each board. its mainly to stop damp but it makes tapping/kicking the board back easier and you dont have to worry about having a swept floor so much. also keeps your edges butted together

Also I only use one packer on the floor away from the last board so it leans onto it. In case the floor isnt level.

Status
Not open for further replies.