Question on plastering

Members online

Stu2020

Hi, I appreciate this is a forum for professional plasters so if it's inappropriate to ask - please accept my apologies and tell me to do one!

Moving into a house in Glasgow in 2 months and I suspect I'll need to have the entire house plastered / skimmed. I'm looking for ball park figures to see if my thoughts on the project are way off.

Hall - 5.9m x 2.0m
Dining Room - 5.3m x 3.6m
Living room - 5.6m x 4.3m
Bedroom 1
4.0m x 2.5m
Bedroom 2
4.0m x 3.6m
Bedroom 3
5.6m x 3.4m
Bedroom 4
4.6m x 2.1m

I'm budgeting £3k- £4k for the entire works. It's essentially a whole house with high ceilings and the hallway / up the stairs too. I'd have the wallpaper stripped and ready to go. Walls are in OK condition but will likely need smoothed over.

Any guidance would be appreciated in advance!

Many thanks

Hi, I appreciate this is a forum for professional plasters so if it's inappropriate to ask - please accept my apologies and tell me to do one!

Moving into a house in Glasgow in 2 months and I suspect I'll need to have the entire house plastered / skimmed. I'm looking for ball park figures to see if my thoughts on the project are way off.

Hall - 5.9m x 2.0m
Bedroom 1
4.0m x 2.5m
Bedroom 2
4.0m x 3.6m
Bedroom 3
5.6m x 3.4m
Bedroom 4
4.6m x 2.1m

I'm budgeting £3k- £4k for the entire works. It's essentially a whole house with high ceilings and the hallway / up the stairs too. I'd have the wallpaper stripped and ready to go. Walls are in OK condition but will likely need smoothed over.

Many thanks
I don’t do it anymore but I’d say your a bit off with your guestimate. Is it ceilings as well? @Fatarm is that area as well.

Hall - 5.9m x 2.0m
Bedroom 1
4.0m x 2.5m
Bedroom 2
4.0m x 3.6m
Bedroom 3
5.6m x 3.4m
Bedroom 4
4.6m x 2.1m

Many thanks
Your not a million miles off, providing walls are in a decent condition and have been well stripped. All areas are clear with good access. What are 'high ceilings' if 2.7 - 2.8 I think you'd be looking at a price higher than your top estimate

Your not a million miles off, providing walls are in a decent condition and have been well stripped. All areas are clear with good access. What are 'high ceilings' if 2.7 - 2.8 I think you'd be looking at a price higher than your top estimate
Cheers mate for that. Red sandstone building with ceilings probably 2.7 ish.

It's been helpful to know. If it's 4k - 7k it's good know for the budget.

2.7ish, Glasgow houses with high ceilings are always larger than this. If the op got a tape and measured it I’m sure it would be a lot more.
If it is a lot more then I apologise, only said what I said off the info provided...7 rooms at 2.7 walls only. If it's different then as always different story

If it is a lot more then I apologise, only said what I said off the info provided...7 rooms at 2.7 walls only. If it's different then as always different story
Who on gods green earth would do a full refurb with high ceilings for £3k!? I shake my head in dis belief

no worries mate, I’m just going on experience of other high ceiling houses I’ve done in Glasgow, there always fking massive and never straight forward.

no worries mate, I’m just going on experience of other high ceiling houses I’ve done in Glasgow, there always fking massive and never straight forward.
I have no experience of Glasgow, if it was 2.7, just walls and straightforward 7 rooms as the chap said I'd be happy to do 3k labour. Obviously if its 3.1 and proper f**k*d and all falling off it would be different

Probably 3m plus with a picture rail, if your lucky the rail and the ground have been removed, if not the worst scenario is the rail has been removed but the ground left in. Which will mean taking out the ground and patching up and that depends on the state of the walls, taking out the ground on boss walls can create a whole lot of patching.