Query on meterage prices..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Hey folks, off to view several cottages that have been damped. Walls had been stripped up to 3ft back to brick and was wondering what the current meterage rates are for S&C and skim. We've got the rates for skim so if he rest of the wall needs doing above the damping we can work that out as well. Usually we'll work out what mats we need plus time but since it sounds like there'll be quite a bit it will be easier to measure up and work it from there.

Rhys not being funny you didn't even know hardwall rates ........

Your not wrong there, not ashamed to admit we've never used meterage rates for jobs as we try to work out a price just based on experience of doing a job (mats plus time etc).
We're pricing one up at the minute, about 60m S&C and double that skim as its skim to ceiling height.
Having a quick think about it, guesstimating mats and time I'd say about 7/m to 8/m which gives just short of two days at 8/m inc mats for S&C. I've got the rates for skim in the office as its skim 2.3 high so I'll work that out later.

imo you can not price this type of work by tape they are too small ! work out a good day rate and if there are any stoppages ie retention, tax throw that on top.

Hmm, I think it is better that way tbh. My mate said work out the meterage then ask on the forum what the going rates are as it may work out to be a better price.
Trying to judge how much sand to use I've read different meterage a per bulk bag averaging at 40m - two bags would be far too much but I don't think there was too much thickness on the walls iirc. Put down 6 cement but get 4 then see plus a bag of lime. Customer is supplying waterproofer. He also wants us to render down to the floor and in about 6" or so, he's then going to screed onto the overlap as the building is in a flood area (and was recently flooded).
Going to work out the price tomorrow.

Lime is not right for waterproofer, waterproofer closes all the air in render, lime and plastisizer does the opposite, air lets the moisture through, try to gauge the suction of the walls too, if the render is going to slide or be slow in pulling in it will use up your day very fast..

Rhys do you go back to you're rates when someone wants 5m done s/c on a fireplace
Haha, point taken spunky mate :RpS_thumbup:
This is for the full downstairs of a house - bit different to a fireplace but I know what you are saying.

I worked backwards from mats/time and was pretty much bang on a rate a plasterer mate uses who I got talking to today.

Based just off Nunnery Lane, but I live out Stockton way (near the nuthouse)

pretty much in the centre then, i know york very well. weve just finished acrylic rendering a couple of houses off the tadcaster road near woodthorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.