Quality Plasterer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a top quality plasterer to take some of the strain off me. I run a little gang in Brighton and the sussex area. Super busy at the moment with several large lofts to complete as well as many small jobs. My work is all about quality not quantity. i dont want some monkey who can smash on 20 bags to a s**t standard, i want some one who can hit 6 to the best standard. My reputation is everything, hence why were so busy. If you think you can fill the boots let me know.
Andy
TheSussexPlasteringCo

Most of the spreads I know that are any good can get a fair bit on I doubt it's much of an old wives tale I think the lads that don't do much really are s**t lol

10m2 per bag skimming 6 bags = 60m2 unless he means 4 hardwall +two multi yes I could do that. Didn't think you would get much float & set in a loft ?

8am. Mix up 3 bags, lay on... Throw approx 1 in the skip.

1pm. Mix up 3 bags, lay on... Throw one and a half in skip.

Total 6 bags. Don't know what all the fuss is about

I read it as 2 gauges with 6 bagsn- 2 bags for the first coat, 1 bag for the second and repeat for the second gauge

I read it as 2 gauges with 6 bagsn- 2 bags for the first coat, 1 bag for the second and repeat for the second gauge

Yep thats what i read it as. He wants someone to do a good work at a sustainable rate.

Good man he gets a thanks and like from me :RpS_thumbsup:

What’s all this about throwing stuff in the skip??? FFS!!!!…. Block out scrim,
Casings!!!!!!!… At most you should not have more than a hand boards full of stuff at most which is surplus waste!!!!!! Keep it tight!!!!!!

Casings!!!!!!!… At most you should not have more than a hand boards full of stuff at most which is surplus waste!!!!!! Keep it tight!!!!!!

I was being silly again! I wouldn't really throw 1 in the skip.

More like 2!!!!

And for everything else there's MasterCard

It's a hawk

Hello again, u boys have been posting away whilst ive been goone. Sorry im not up to much with a computer, its a case of necessity for me lol. I found a top lad who has been with me for a while but is now busy on his own projects again. so once again im looking for another set of hands.
got to be top quality float and set, and local to brighton. day work £110 a day
and just to clear up i was just talking only about setting and yes about 6 a day. Really shouldnt spend so much time picking the comment to pieces and possibly get on with some work!

I need a top quality plasterer to take some of the strain off me. I run a little gang in Brighton and the sussex area. Super busy at the moment with several large lofts to complete as well as many small jobs. My work is all about quality not quantity. i dont want some monkey who can smash on 20 bags to a s**t standard, i want some one who can hit 6 to the best standard. My reputation is everything, hence why were so busy. If you think you can fill the boots let me know.
Andy
TheSussexPlasteringCo
you are busy because you are cheap, as soon as you mentioned loft conversions well that was it. It's all down to the last bag with these loft companies (computors) good luck.

Hello again, u boys have been posting away whilst ive been goone. Sorry im not up to much with a computer, its a case of necessity for me lol. I found a top lad who has been with me for a while but is now busy on his own projects again. so once again im looking for another set of hands.
got to be top quality float and set, and local to brighton. day work £110 a day
and just to clear up i was just talking only about setting and yes about 6 a day. Really shouldnt spend so much time picking the comment to pieces and possibly get on with some work!

6 bags = 60+ m2. On domestic. £110 a day = less than £2 m2. In a feckin attic conversion. NIET COMRAD. :RpS_cursing:

lot of scientists on here.on loft work its about skill .2 bags per hit x 3 is six bags!sometimrs less sometimes more.

close your eyes and picture the scene,i did a loft conversion last year,laid dust sheets down on living room carpet,stair carpet, i then went out to my van picked a bag of multi up walked through the living room,up a staircase,then up the steps of a loft ladder,walked along the loft laid the multi down,back down the loft ladder steps,down the staircase,thro the living room out to the van and picked another bag up, and so on.by the time i had got all the plaser/tools/buckets of water up, i did this 68 times,and all this before i mixed anything, these attic conversions are hard work,hot,stuffy,all those angles putting beads on constantly going up and down stairs getting fresh water, i have done a lot of these and all of them were hard work, as owls says good offer that for someone but you work for it,all the best whoever gets it.

The blokes offering work, whats the problem, if your not interested then move on, as he said why sit there picking holes in his post, probs an ideal srart for a young lad finding his feet and not under pressure to complete works on price,

Status
Not open for further replies.