Qualified or fully qualified?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
I see and hear this so much lately now anyone can get a qualification.

So someone gets a NVQ level 2 and says I'm fully qualified.
So does having a level 3 NVQ make you fully fully qualified?

Obviously having papers is a bonus but means nothing like it used to but surely you'd just say your qualified at NVQ level 2 with x amount of experience.

It's just another word we throw in which means nothing like a lot of sayings I suppose.

I may even be a culprit of this myself but just wondered what others say when asked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see and hear this so much lately now anyone can get a qualification.

So someone gets a NVQ level 2 and says I'm fully qualified.
So does having a level 3 NVQ make you fully fully qualified?

Obviously having papers is a bonus but means nothing like it used to but surely you'd just say your qualified at NVQ level 2 with x amount of experience.

It's just another word we throw in which means nothing like a lot of sayings I suppose.

I may even be a culprit of this myself but just wondered what others say when asked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never said I'm a fully qualified plasterer..alarm bells If sum1 says that I'm a solid plastering technician lol..on serious note I've never said I'm fully qualified means feck all

J.Green i don't think it really matters there been a few debates on here lately and from start to finish nothing good came out of them.
I never had any nvqs till it was offered for over 30s in my area it was free of charge so i thought can't do no harm getting it ...am i any better for it .. No.. Experience makes you better imo.

Don't think I've ever needed to produce my papers, doing an apprenticeship holds more credibility I think. I done level 2 and decided practical experience was more important.

There have always been different opinions on qualifications, unsurprisingly people championing one above another hold the one they favour.

Back in the day, an indentured apprentice was classed above an apprentice who was above a YTS. All had C&G qualifications and four year apprenticeships. They as a group were all above the next lot who had the same C&G certs, but their apprenticeships were cut to three years. Anyone with C&G and four or three year YTS/apprenticeship was then above those who had NVQs.

In amongst all that you had/have the retraining courses of various lengths run fro the late '70s to now, some with C&G, some with NVQs.

Over the years I've worked with some fantastic tradesmen who couldn't read or write let alone had qualifications. I've also worked with 'fully qualified' tradesmen who didn't have a hand to bless themselves.

The thing is, you're either good at your job/trade, or your not.

To be a qualified plasterer u should be able to do external and internal work. Or am a missing something.

Just seen this plastering and team leader nvq qualification Ffs
So now you can be an unskilled t**t who's qualified

I've been on the tools for over 35 years had a business doing things like Swindon hospital cannons health clubs from start to finish all metal stud plastering ect got told yest I need a level 2 to be classed as qualified only lost business to going Afghan on reserve did 2 tours but got a bit f**k*d up on last one back to full health now

Status
Not open for further replies.