PVC cladding replacement

Members online

No members online now.
Our house has pvc cladding under the 2 front windows. (Upstairs and downstairs)
I had a look underneath and it’s a timber frame with insulation in-between.
I am a plasterer but haven’t ever done a job like this before.
my idea is to remove pvc cladding, replace insulation for new, board the frame out with external cement board then render as normal on top of these boards. (Sand and cement)
Now....is this the way? Or am I wrong?
hoping someone has done a job like this before. Thanks

No no no no.... you cant sand & cement over carrier boards you want a thin coat system with mesh 1.5mm texture

no, exterior cement board - rend aid - 2 coat sand and cement. Seem to me like those 3 materials would go together.
I’ve been in houses where someone has plyed over old door ways...skimmed over it. Then reskimmed the room and somehow it hasn’t cracked.
you can say ideas seem stupid fine...but things do work with a little experimenting

You will be scraping sand & cement off the floor within days!!!

You will be scraping sand & cement off the floor within days!!!

i think I’ll have to go with the modern render then. Really didn’t want to but I’ll do it.
why do you think sand and cement will blow off? Just because of the suction issues from the boards?

Really, I’ve had 2 answers which seem legit and they aren’t even the same process. Sometimes I think a lot of people on here are actually chancers and when they don’t know the answer to a question they try and jump on the person posting the thread like they are the best plasterer in the world.
move been on the trade a long time and seen plenty of dodgy methods that have actually worked.
ive never had a situation like this that I’m Posting my question on so it would be nice just for a simple answer.
You've had the answers...if you want s&c...eml three coat etc...if you want carrier board then use the proper render spec!
If you want to do it your way then crack on.
Doesn't matter a jot to me.:hola:

No no no no.... you cant sand & cement over carrier boards you want a thin coat system with mesh 1.5mm texture
Yes I think that’s what I’ll have to do .
No no no no.... you cant sand & cement over carrier boards you want a thin coat system with mesh 1.5mm
You've had the answers...if you want s&c...eml three coat etc...if you want carrier board then use the proper render spec!
If you want to do it your way then crack on.
Doesn't matter a jot to me.:hola:
eml onto what?

Every manufacturer has there own spec to follow, don’t mix and match different products or you’ll void the warranty’s.
I’ve replaced the same on my house with krend products with there advise on what to use.
Krend’s external cement board (shiny side in rough for render) fixed to timbers with stainless screws
Base coat hp12 4-6mm embed mesh and top with another 4-6mm hp12 lightly scratch.
Leave at least 24hrs in this temperature.
Top with 10-12mm K1 spray - rule, flatten and leave overnight in these temperatures.
I bar, rub up soft brush off job done.

2 days max in summer 3days winter
Cost for your area you need to do will cost you less with this system rather that old school ply, paper, eml, 3 coat and paint let alone time it’ll take to do all that.
You’re decision

Every manufacturer has there own spec to follow, don’t mix and match different products or you’ll void the warranty’s.
I’ve replaced the same on my house with krend products with there advise on what to use.
Krend’s external cement board (shiny side in rough for render) fixed to timbers with stainless screws
Base coat hp12 4-6mm embed mesh and top with another 4-6mm hp12 lightly scratch.
Leave at least 24hrs in this temperature.
Top with 10-12mm K1 spray - rule, flatten and leave overnight in these temperatures.
I bar, rub up soft brush off job done.

2 days max in summer 3days winter
Cost for your area you need to do will cost you less with this system rather that old school ply, paper, eml, 3 coat and paint let alone time it’ll take to do all that.
You’re decision

there we go with the ply again. I got hounded for even mentioning ply
Sounds like this is what I’ll have to do.
thanks
And thanks for the good answers from others

there we go with the ply again. I got hounded for even mentioning ply
Sounds like this is what I’ll have to do.
thanks
And thanks for the good answers from others
That's because you don't understand what the purpose of the ply is in a s&c system. It's not to f**k**g render on to.

just sign it and leave everything else a blank I'll do the rest mate travellers cheque
That big job in heath town is being done by burrows Ive been told mate, can’t be assed to look for the thread where you asked if this seems a bit random lol

That's because you don't understand what the purpose of the ply is in a s&c system. It's not to f**k**g render on to.

well if someone told me then I’d know. Why would I consider ply over a cement board or the other boards mentioned.
sorry I don’t know everything

That big job in heath town is being done by burrows Ive been told mate, can’t be assed to look for the thread where you asked if this seems a bit random lol
Just had a look there a big firm didn't know of them only really know of ecotex and rendcem I haven't done anything around Wolverhampton for 10 years

Just had a look there a big firm didn't know of them only really know of ecotex and rendcem I haven't done anything around Wolverhampton for 10 years
I did some for em a few years back in Brum and Crewe but had a bost up with the contract manager they are a good size, I dunno how ecotex pick anything up and I know lee (rendcem) pretty well decent bloke and picks a load of work up

No simple answers on here
It is full of chancers but lucky I am here
Render board mesh & thin coat render

Your welcome

Your welcome

No simple answers on here
It is full of chancers but lucky I am here
Render board mesh & thin coat render

Your welcome

Your welcome
:risas::risas:
That’s something a typical chancer would say and do. Too late he’s already put the cheque in the post for me