Pva

Members online

voodoocars

So the past few months on and off I've been skimming all the artex ceilings in a big house. If they are painted it must be with original matt from when the house was built in the early 90's.
I scrape back as usual then apply 2 coats of pva 50% mix as I've always done and had no problem before. This house however, the multi is going off so fast I can barely keep up with it.
Then today I've just done a bathroom with the crumbliest dustiest dry walls ever. Two coats of pva and the plaster took an eternity to go off..
Whats going on there then?

So the past few months on and off I've been skimming all the artex ceilings in a big house. If they are painted it must be with original matt from when the house was built in the early 90's.
I scrape back as usual then apply 2 coats of pva 50% mix as I've always done and had no problem before. This house however, the multi is going off so fast I can barely keep up with it.
Then today I've just done a bathroom with the crumbliest dustiest dry walls ever. Two coats of pva and the plaster took an eternity to go off..
Whats going on there then?
Dodgy multi or b&q’s pva.

Yep,

With decent glue

5 and 1
Then 3 to 1

If it's really porous, or anything to worry about, leave the 5 to 1 coat, and replace with SBR

Had a small wall in a bathroom yesterday that was going to be gritted, but all the paint just came off in sheets back to an over skim that was really porous. Couple of thin coats of SBR, couple of pva and skimmed up a treat.

Had a small wall in a bathroom yesterday that was going to be gritted, but all the paint just came off in sheets back to an over skim that was really porous. Couple of thin coats of SBR, couple of pva and skimmed up a treat.
Yer learnin’ kiddo