Pva

Members online

Alfieboy45

Does anyone on here pva new boards before skimming? Lad I’m working with reckons it slows the set down so he can get a bigger hit on... never seen anyone do it before, might be worth a try??

Does anyone on here pva new boards before skimming? Lad I’m working with reckons it slows the set down so he can get a bigger hit on... never seen anyone do it before, might be worth a try??
No anyone that puts pva on fresh board needs there head testing! This time of year aswell! Only time you pva board is when they been left too long as you will know!

As above. Only old dry boards. Wouldn't it be less work to use a plaster retarder than to pva loads of boards?
Had that with an attic conversion that had been done in bits and pieces, it all got a weak coat of pva. I didn't want to seal completely just put some moisture into the core of the board.

Plasterboard does not seem to give off that "crack"sound when you snap it these days. sorry getting confused with chocolate bars.

Totally different thread topic here..u only pva boards if there have been up months..to stop crazing etc..hes asking if u genuinely pva boards b4 skimming

The naive of youth were you had to do stupid things to get the extra metres on are a distant memory thank god! Only a idiot works like a dog in this trade...ie young buck! Quality over quantity equals more work :coffe:

Totally different thread topic here..u only pva boards if there have been up months..to stop crazing etc..hes asking if u genuinely pva boards b4 skimming

DqCU.gif