Pva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1080mulls

Hi guys. I couldn't get hold of any limelite so used permagard Renovating plaster - same kinda stuff I believe. Got it up nicely and skimming with multiple tommorrow. Any idea if I can Pva, wet or go straight on. It looks far too dry already to not treat as suggested by the lady on their helpdesk (although I think she didn't reall have a clue). I'd really appreciate some advice asap! Cheers.

Hi guys. I couldn't get hold of any limelite so used permagard Renovating plaster - same kinda stuff I believe. Got it up nicely and skimming with multiple tommorrow. Any idea if I can Pva, wet or go straight on. It looks far too dry already to not treat as suggested by the lady on their helpdesk (although I think she didn't reall have a clue). I'd really appreciate some advice asap! Cheers.

Just skim it , if it starts to pull in at the end off a section then lay it straight in with ya second coat and so on, you should know pretty much straight away how it's gonna go, use any suction to your advantage, but in all honesty you should be ok

if its owl like dricoat, and according to bubbles spec sheet it seems exactly the same, youre better off with board finish cos therell be asbsolutely f'ck all suction...

Yeah as chris says these types of backing coats hold back the finish even when completely dry so i would just go for it.

Cheers fellas. Slapped it up today and it was no probs. You're right about no having no suction but it went on nicely nevertheless. Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.