pva

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use wickes bonding agent, and although it dries gritty, theres a load of polymers involved in manfacturing. Have a go if you want, I certainly wouldn't risk it though.

ive heard that apart from a key theres a chemical reaction between the plaster AND the gypbond which helps it adherer

ha! god knows what that stuff is in the green thistle bond,it sure does look like sand to me.id try it,i cant see why addin sand to pva would dramatically mess the adhesive qualities up.id say go for it! its only gonna aid things in the 'key' stakes.

I go carp fishing and one of the ways to bait up is using pva bags, the reason we use pva bags is when pva has set and applied with water it turns soluble again so soon as water or any water based material like plaster touches it it reacts back to a soluble state again, but at the same time when it dries its like a glue, the purpose of bond-it or wickes bonding agent is completley different when it dries it dont turn soluble again and stays solid with its grit almost like sandtex well it might be the same as sandtex gives you an awsome key to skim.

Status
Not open for further replies.