PVA, wet or dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munky2005

Hi all, just a quick question.
At the moment I only plaster for DIY purposes but I'm planning on doing the golden trowel course. My question is this. When you use pva to seal the wall do you then wait for it to dry or do you just go straight in with the plaster?
I only ask 'cos my friend had a plasterer in and he asked my friend to seal the wall for him (he was doing my friend a favour so wasn't being cheeky) but I saw a DVD that said you shouldn't let the pva dry (DVD was from Ablesoft). Which is right?

Cheers

Ant

It's all about killing the suction, putting the PVA on overnight is a luxury!!! This seals the wall, then just before the re skim another coat of PVA which you can hit wet. If your doing Gold trowel they will teach you this!!!!

The longer you can let the first PVA coat go off the better.

Hope this helps!!!

Gold trowel course is Excellent by the way!!!!! Do the 2 week if you can!!!! Oh and push yourself everyday!!!!!

as chawnz said,if possible put first coat on and leave to dry,then i apply second coat and plaster when this as got to the tacky stage,or instead use wickes bonding agent leave 4 hours then just plaster when you want,just a bit more exspensive to buy than pva. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.