Pva trouble?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac82

Hi just wondered if anyone else has had trouble with plaster peeling off a pva,d wall, ceiling I uni-bonded the day before so sure it's not because it's still wet? Really annoying!!

I was using multi pal it was just peeling off in a couple of spots whenever I went over it so annoying!

I've had it a couple of times last week small areas just flattened it with plastic trowel and left it as long as I could before going over it again

i always give it a coat the day before then give it a coat before setting and wait for this coat to go tacky before setting

Sorry lads I wasn't on about Distemper

I was on about:

photo_zps5c625a18.jpg

Innit :rolleyes)

Ps thats not Flynny ^^ :)

By peeling off do you mean chicken skins? Normally occurs when pva is too wet and/or not mixed well enough.

colder times of year I normally make pva mix a
bit more watery so it tacks quicker.

every wall needs a different approch when you apply pva. some need two coats some just a light coat.
we pva as soon as we arrive on the contract,open the windows to try to get the pva to dry.
i do not like the pva to be to wet when i skim, if it is i would put a sponge over it to take some off.

Hi just wondered if anyone else has had trouble with plaster peeling off a pva,d wall, ceiling I uni-bonded the day before so sure it's not because it's still wet? Really annoying!!

If your going over d̶i̶s̶t̶e̶ limewash you'll need stabilising solution first, as pva wont stick to the dusty surface & will peel :RpS_wink:

Possibly not the pva but perhaps glue from old paper on the wall or dust or grease or old distemper paint(not tiny tempah)

for or the guys who use stabiliser ,how long do you leave it before you pva, I have never used it myself

The water based stabilising solution is dry in 20-30mins, depending on temps could be quicker could be longer.

I only skim over hard PVA these daysd and tend not to have any problems... if I do get problems its normally due to the something else on the wall :) Or I am just shite :)

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.