PVA & SBR

Members online

Olican

Private Member
@Danny asked what ratio I mix these two when overskimming. Depends on surface , slightly glossy then I mix pretty thick bit like tomato soup. If the they are bare porous walls then probably closer to elmlea single cream.
I keep my PVA and brushes ready to go (seen plasterers mix in roller trays and bag up the roller, keep the brush in the PVA it never hardens)

Here's my trusty tub had for years

IMG_20180513_161953.jpg

Full bottle of PVA goes in the topped up with SBR. Lovely to skim over

IMG_20180513_162017.jpg

I buy 300m of cling film wrap then wind around rollers and brushes to keep good for storing. If you wrap tidy you just pull off as roller spins around

I've always used carrier bags for rollers and brushes in pva or grit, expensive now though ffs unless you get them for free from the offy like me :birra: I've got a loyalty card :sisi:

I've always used carrier bags for rollers and brushes in pva or grit, expensive now though ffs unless you get them for free from the offy like me :birra: I've got a loyalty card :sisi:

Your points must through the fecking roof my old pedigree chum :birras:

@Danny asked what ratio I mix these two when overskimming. Depends on surface , slightly glossy then I mix pretty thick bit like tomato soup. If the they are bare porous walls then probably closer to elmlea single cream.
I keep my PVA and brushes ready to go (seen plasterers mix in roller trays and bag up the roller, keep the brush in the PVA it never hardens)

Here's my trusty tub had for years

View attachment 23417

Full bottle of PVA goes in the topped up with SBR. Lovely to skim over

View attachment 23418
You need about 8 “ of duck tape arround your brush handle and loop it around the side of ur tub handle to stop it keep falling in , when not in use

Glue a phone magnet on tub for brush or find one on something like a speaker. Magnets are good to hold trowels while working or transporting in van. I used to use the knife racks but tool magnet strips sold
1526378989086-2130414561.jpg
everywhere now. Roll in cling film. Lasts a week or more

Hi......i need advice on how to fill in missing plaster behind old skirting. I am going to stick board to it afterwards. Do i PVA or SBR the wall first then fill with cement or bonding? Thanks
Don’t worry son you’ve come to the right place I’ll forward your query onto our resident plastering and rendering connoisseurs @themucky1 and @essexandy give it a short while and they will be along with expert advice to solve your somewhat dynamic problem in the meantime @Cockney1 will entertain you with a gif or two and @Casper will be along shortly with a picture of his delectable dinner

Don’t worry son you’ve come to the right place I’ll forward your query onto our resident plastering and rendering connoisseurs @themucky1 and @essexandy give it a short while and they will be along with expert advice to solve your somewhat dynamic problem in the meantime @Cockney1 will entertain you with a gif or two and @Casper will be along shortly with a picture of his delectable dinner
Definitely.
Yes.
Or.
No.
Or.
Maybe?

Jack Nicholson Thank You GIF