Pva..plasterboard..scrim..etc

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birmingham

Hi, as some of you may be aware I am getting a whole house plastered and would like to use the best tools/materials possible

can you guys recommend me a

Pva ...uni bond? Bond it?

scrim tape?

dabbing adhesive ?

plasterboard? Insulated ?

screws? No gun type

Or other money not an issue as I would like the best

Thank you

If your operative is using a Hilti gun, then any screws will do. If he has a Makita, then each screw will need to be removed from the strip, coated in silicon or other proprietary lubricant and replaced to prevent the gun from jamming.

If used correctly pva is great,thistle bond it is a great product but some plasterers don't like using it so you need to sort bonding agents out with your plasterer.i use euro scrim and quite happy with it, a few lads on here speak highly of catnic scrim(Orange) plaster boards are all very similar,if you want to add insulation you can either batten the walls,insulate between then plasterboard or use insulated boards,they can warp and be a pain to use so try and pick some flat ones.dab adhesive knauf Sinat or bg,they all do the same job all British standard so whatever your local merchants sell really.:RpS_thumbup:

I don't believe he knows what is best... He keeps recommending cheapest... And cheapest is not always best

So can someone recommend
PVA...? Uni bond? Thistle bondit? ... Or other

If the plasterer you are using cant even recommend which bonding agent to use I would get looking elsewhere if I'm honest as if he knows so little about that it sounds as if you may be left disappointed by the end product nobody can tell you off a forum what needs to be used or done on your job there's too many variables without seeing it first hand

Hi, as some of you may be aware I am getting a whole house plastered and would like to use the best tools/materials possible

can you guys recommend me a

Pva ...uni bond? Bond it?

scrim tape?

dabbing adhesive ?

plasterboard? Insulated ?

screws? No gun type

Or other money not an issue as I would like the best

Thank you

If u would like the best - get the best plasterer, he will do the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.