PVA outside

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read a few posts on here!!

Can someone explain why you shouldn't use it??
If a wall is pva'd & 2 coats of render with waterproofer in
& then 2 coats of masonry paint, how the hell is water going to rewet the pva behind all that????:huh:

Can't get me head round this argument ffs:RpS_cursing:

It needs to be an external waterproof PVA you use for sealing stone or brick,

If PVA gets wet it becomes slightly live again, it doesn't completely return to it's liquid state but it becomes sticky.

it should be eva which is waterproofer normal pva is not it will re-emulsify out in the open hence not to be used outside on rendering projects

i remember dashing 2 rows of houses when i 1st started doing my time,i remember PVAing the scratch to kill some suction,i remember putting PVA in the dash coat(5x1x1):-0

walk my dog past them every day,still on and still looks clean 26 years later.

PVA was the plasterers dream in the 80,s,we would of put it in our fooking brews if told:RpS_thumbup:
only time i don't use it is when im tiling

Exterior grade pva or exterior grade stabalising solution.You should NEVER use normal grade pva as there is a high risk render will fall of wall on reactivation due to moisture cold damp conditions years or months later.

i use a very weak pva solution when i do a hack off and re render if its proper dusty to help control the dust im talking 9-1 or something.

I can only see a problem if someone uses a stronger mix and it forms a skin over the substrate.

If in doubt use sbr or an exterior bonding agent.

Problems will only arise if using pva to help your render adhere to a substrate with no mechanical key

Last edited:
Ive posted the reasons why not to use PVA with cement to many times now not doing it again, aint got the energy

Well what can i say, wouldnt wish that on anyone but me and him aint finished and he has been told to watch his back cos i will do him ten times more than he done me from behind, trouble is the pub is all camerad up i cant go near it but realy looking forward to seeing him in Tescos i will give it to him big time.

What happened lucius? You can't be all 'it doesn't matter, its between me and him' now you've said you wanna **** him up

Not realy mate he just took a bit of a liberty with me and i werent realy damaged but the trouble around my way is you have to keep face and i hate it thats why i moved to Spain 5 years ago to get away from it but now ime back you still have to stand your ground, all b*ll***s realy but its either that or stay in.

Status
Not open for further replies.