Pva or blue grit

Members online

carys

Can't make my mind up when over skiming what best pva or blue grit. So easy years ago not much choice lol

On artex or plaster I use zinsser gardz as a good binder and neutralizer for wallpaper paste ect... Then blue grit... Don't half hang wet though. Sometimes one coat of blue grit isn't enough to seal...its what ever works for you as many ways to prep surfaces..you can blue grit then pva if you want it to hang wet

On artex or plaster I use zinsser gardz as a good binder and neutralizer for wallpaper paste ect... Then blue grit or Pva depending on surface... Don't half hang wet though. Sometimes one coat on blue grit isn't enough to seal...its what ever works for you as many ways to prep surfaces

Painted plaster using pva for years not much trouble.
On artex or plaster I use zinsser gardz as a good binder and neutralizer for wallpaper paste ect... Then blue grit... Don't half hang wet though. Sometimes one coat of blue grit isn't enough to seal...its what ever works for you as many ways to prep surfaces..you can blue grit then pva if you want it to hang wet
Y would you use blue grit and pva?

Big pours ceilings I find the blue grit don't seal enough and I ain't giving it 2 coats of the stuff... 1 blue grit and 3-1 Pva and bang on plaster..

Keep telling me to log in then say I am log in go ing fly fishing Saturday on ladybower try and get rid of my depression for a day

E
I'm going there Sunday to smash my mountain bike over kinder scout . Ladybower is a fantastic place

Dick head c**t

T

Ac a beer u mug

Attachments

• E8DBCF4B-4F22-4D24-B128-17748A5441E4.jpeg
    E8DBCF4B-4F22-4D24-B128-17748A5441E4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 349
Yes but ther no key on plasterboard and it OK. So I guess pva on wall to stop suction same as plasterboard
If it’s painted wall straight on with grit for me and bare plaster or high suction I seal it first with a 50/50 pvA then grit once the glued dried,

If it’s painted wall straight on with grit for me and bare plaster or high suction I seal it first with a 50/50 pvA then grit once the glued dried,
I think grit handy on big areas. But if your doing 4 standard wall what point waiting 24 hours when you can pva wall and skim and finish same day

Preference is Knauf Betocontakt ( pink grit ), its the dogs, never had a problem, expensive though. Only use it now and then though , PVA, left to dry is 90 % of the time.