PVA onto plasterboard before plastering

Members online

pobourne1985

Hi guys,

I'm building 2 houses at the moment and got them boarded before lockdown but not plastered. My plasterer is on site now and says the accoustic boards on the ceiling need sealing with water and PVA mix as the colour has faded on the board and the board has dried out. Is this a real thing? TIA

Hi guys,

I'm building 2 houses at the moment and got them boarded before lockdown but not plastered. My plasterer is on site now and says the accoustic boards on the ceiling need sealing with water and PVA mix as the colour has faded on the board and the board has dried out. Is this a real thing? TIA
Yep 2 minute job per ceiling. I'd say the walls may need it too if they've been boarded for 5 months

You will notice colour change in boards after been on a while they got a yellow tinge to them dirty slags!

Why struggle. Plastering over dry Dusty boards, give it a pissed out coat of pva , saves rushing about like a loon, you know my moto. When in doubt get the pva out.

I’ve just finished an extension I dabbed a few days ago. Lovely fresh boards. It was a pleasure skimming it. The sense of job satisfaction was off the scale

All my boards are fresh :coffe:
8CC4230C-A0B3-44B1-B527-30FEEAAB8118.jpeg

The van is valeted every week and I always change my clothes before getting in. A full compliment of waterproof seat covers and fitted Ford rubber floor mats.

Hi guys,

Your building 2 houses and haven’t a clue what the professionals are doing basically