PVA on plasterboard

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glowkeeper

The spread I just worked with put PVA on fresh plasterboard. His reasoning was that the place had been boarded for a year or more and that this meant the board would have much more suction than if it had gone up last week. Really? Wouldn't have crossed my mind to be honest, but nevertheless, I let his labourer do my walls for me :) Would you do that?

There is a difference with board been up for a while but never knew anyone to pva them before, it would not do any harm by the way.

yeah if they have been up for a while give them a coat of pva:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah if the boards are grey and still look new I'd prob just crack on. If they're obviously old I'd pva.

I pva'd old board once and skimmed it on a ceiling. Next day the ceiling was on the floor. So scraped off most of it, pva'd 3times and tried again and was fine. Bloody embarrassing trying to explain why your skim is on the floor to a customer!

Yeah if the boards are grey and still look new I'd prob just crack on. If they're obviously old I'd pva.

I pva'd old board once and skimmed it on a ceiling. Next day the ceiling was on the floor. So scraped off most of it, pva'd 3times and tried again and was fine. Bloody embarrassing trying to explain why your skim is on the floor to a customer!
You probably went over dust or grease.

no no no chinease cut there chips front to back rather than back to front, cutting them like this make them dream

priced a huge loft conversion all nice new boards came back a couple of weeks later to skim it and the lad had put betokontakt over the lot. Said he'd been given it by a mate so just used it

Status
Not open for further replies.