Pva for high suction area

mickyburr

what is the best formula for a high suction area I have been told more glue than water I hav been using 4to 1 been told 3to 1

Seen a couple of posts like this over the last few weeks, might be worth trying a tub of thistle gyprime instead of pva for a while see how you get on with that , a lot have heard and seen it and not used due to cost probably but most of the time it pisses all over using pva.

Seen a couple of posts like this over the last few weeks, might be worth trying a tub of thistle gyprime instead of pva for a while see how you get on with that , a lot have heard and seen it and not used due to cost probably but most of the time it pisses all over using pva.
The gyprime is rare thing round my way costs fortune only place I know is Travis quoted about £64 but they have to get it in takes s few weeks
I did ask @BritishGypsum if they would send samples out to use with multi on old work but that wasn't happening

The gyprime is rare thing round my way costs fortune only place I know is Travis quoted about £64 but they have to get it in takes s few weeks
I did ask @BritishGypsum if they would send samples out to use with multi on old work but that wasn't happening
That's true mate think it's roughly 600m2 a tub says on it, tbh I never worked out how much that equates to compared to a dilution on a pva tub but do know when it comes to skimming over, it is so much better to skim over it if you are struggling,
On a side note mate any Bg product can be ordered into merchants you know? Often within a day to 5

I use a wagner sprayer £100 and some thinned artex sealer over large dry walls. Can cover a large area. Guess you can use Pva thinned and spray on as the sprayer will get it on really thick. I have put multi finish straight on thermo lite blocks buy using artex sealer and nothing much is dryer than that. Gardz really seals well but never skimmed over it . Guess the worry with all this stuff is adhesion of the plaster so I don't have a answer. Everbuild 406 Stabilising sealer is cheap as chips. £8 for 5lt. Never skimmed over that either.