PVA Failure

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to sound like Sherlock f**k**g Holmes but do you really think it was the pva if it was just a small section pulling of the wall?
Enlighten me to your thoughts spunkster?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

why do you
Think it's was the pva near in mind you've probably pva a whole wall and one sections pulled

How coarse is the grit in this micro?? Is it for high suction backgrounds as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 2 pva failures in the past 3 weeks. Just small sections of plaster that have come away when it's been painted.
Think it's time to switch to micro cos am sick as f**k of PVA

On all my jobs try to PVA the day b4,if not possible PVA the whole days work ya doing then by the time you get to the first areas PVA and its reacting then scrape f**k out of it and PVA some more pain in are but got to be done

My opinion for what it's worth is to give it several coats of weak pva and go on it dry. I know not all jobs lend itself to this but hey ho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 2 pva failures in the past 3 weeks. Just small sections of plaster that have come away when it's been painted.

Pva is s**t
Buy micro and thin it down a bit
It goes for miles and pulls in tidy

It IS the pva mate. If it's the 506 version it's absolute shite.

The 501 they do is a bit better, but I'd avoid. I've had the same thing myself. After coating over the pva it don't seem to really bite like unibond , evobond, and other decent stuff.
Worth the extra couple of bob, can't be arsed with a call back.

I stay with the same pva, had some crap stuff long ago, never again,porous surface = pissy coat then neat,non porous straight on with neat pva.

Ive had Bonding agents peel, if its fooked underneeth dont matter what you put on, trouble is you cant always see what underneeth

Status
Not open for further replies.