Pva and artex ,

johniosaif

Private Member
The artex bubbled and all had to be scraped off , the owner didn’t want a board over and scraped it off himself

Attachments

• 87E2A762-142B-4AB1-B4A1-597F8FBFFF9D.jpeg
    87E2A762-142B-4AB1-B4A1-597F8FBFFF9D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 306
  • 174C7A99-4ACA-4833-A389-58128992CF78.jpeg
    174C7A99-4ACA-4833-A389-58128992CF78.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
I have said all along not fit for purpose pva on certain substrates
@ no guarantees @ pay twice

Your welcome

that ceiling needs an overboard you can see that it is distemper on lime mortar. what about those heavy cracks in the chimney breast ?

artex peeling off is the least of your worries pal

what the f**k are you doing skimming directly over lath n plaster anyway?

surprise suprise just another fkin chancer on this forum masquerading as a pro

The artex bubbled and all had to be scraped off , the owner didn’t want a board over and scraped it off himself
Always tricky when there's coving up though if they don't want to lose it.
And as above if that's lathe and plaster then you're a fool

Just board back from the cornice about 4” and use board edging beads looks good when finished gives a a more detailed look on the ceiling done loads like this (y)

Just board back from the cornice about 4” and use board edging beads looks good when finished gives a a more detailed look on the ceiling done loads like this (y)
Got a picture of this or a link? I always say only option is to rip the coving down and board whole ceiling

He didn’t want any extras , the ceiling is bowed also , be a nightmare to board over

It’s obviously lathe and plaster
Well you say obviously. But no plasterer would skim over it so I had to question what I was seeing. What on earth are you thinking?
Not being dramatic but you could seriously hurt someone when that comes down. Wipe out some kid to make a couple of hundred quid? Walk away

Well you say obviously. But no plasterer would skim over it so I had to question what I was seeing. What on earth are you thinking?
Not being dramatic but you could seriously hurt someone when that comes down. Wipe out some kid to make a couple of hundred quid? Walk away

Attachments

• CF7C4939-ABE1-4F88-B8A1-0D8BB61BA35F.jpeg
    CF7C4939-ABE1-4F88-B8A1-0D8BB61BA35F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 251
Done it many , many , many , many times lol
It's my customers choice , I charge for my time

Same , nothing wrong with pva and skim on ceilings,
You just said it was bowed, that means it's not far off coming down. The amount of Skyrim you used shows there's weak points all over it

And if it comes down on someone's head and kills them a few months after you've chucked an extra 50kg up there?
Idiots
Your very good at calling people idiots I've noticed lol
I have done so many ceilings like that so your inexperience gives you little ground to judge
I'm usually the first to offer advice on techniques of stabilising such a cieling but I think I'll pass this time
And FYI I do say no occasionally

Your very good at calling people idiots I've noticed lol
I have done so many ceilings like that so your inexperience gives you little ground to judge
I'm usually the first to offer advice on techniques of stabilising such a cieling but I think I'll pass this time
And FYI I do say no occasionally
I can't believe someone with so many years experience skims over lathe and plaster ceilings. The amount of lathe and plaster ceilings I've seen on someone's floor gives me plenty of ground to judge

I can't believe someone with so many years experience skims over lathe and plaster ceilings. The amount of lathe and plaster ceilings I've seen on someone's floor gives me plenty of ground to judge
Carry on mate your giving me the giggles lol

I've come to the conclusion you both must be winding me up. You got me, I honestly thought you were skimming over lathe and plaster for a while then