Putz Margin trowels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRM2007

How do guys,
Has any one got any of the Putz margin trowels @ryan has got on the plasterers 1 stop shop website. . . , was thinking of having a set but don't want ewt thats mega rigid like most of the ones you buy. Just wondered if anyone else uses them and rates them as any good. . . .?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not use flexible scrapers for margins? I don't think I have used a margin trowel for a very long time like you say they are too rigid.

I have a couple and find them ok, use them quite a lot.

Margin_zps0cb59abe.jpg

Here's a pic I took before I muckied them up :RpS_thumbup:

They look a nice bit of kit, if the blade was a somewhere near the thickness of the s*p*r*lex then that would be a winner. All the ones i've got and used in the past are way too thick. End up using a credit card type plastic thing to finish it off.

I have just recieved a couple of these from P1ss and the blade thickness is about right.
They are stainless so should wear in nice. Placed an order today for a couple of bespoke premium trowels as well. The choice of tools now avaliable is immense compared to just a few years ago.

P1ss are making the nela trowels in sizes of choice and with your own company name printed on them.
I have couple of premium trowels currently being made to order.
Do you mean width and length or just length? I heard about the etching,good idea :RpS_thumbup:

Width and length are avaliable. I ordered an 11x4 and 9x3 inch premium trowels for £80 delivered.
perfect for smaller areas around doors etc and re skims.

Width and length are avaliable. I ordered an 11x4 and 9x3 inch premium trowels for £80 delivered.
perfect for smaller areas around doors etc and re skims.
That good I could do with a couple of bespoke sizes,I sometimes use spatulas, margin trowels midget trowels etc in small spaces but theres deffo room for another size or two:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.