putting beads on with lime lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've got any sign of damp, don't use multi for the beads, they'll start to rust within six months, I've done loads of damp jobs where the main problem is beads stuck on with multi

would I be better putting beads on with multi.when coating walls with limelight.as it takes so long to set.

you could stick the beads up with fast setting tile adhesive, cement based. do not use gypsum plasters to fit beads on damp work.

you get plastic skim and angle beads mate, all sizes, I always use plastic for external and inside floating work...good idea about dabbing them with tile adhesive, did this on a stack a bit back, use a powder fast set..ie. Weber single part flexible, sets in 1/2 hour...

you get plastic skim and angle beads mate, all sizes, I always use plastic for external and inside floating work...good idea about dabbing them with tile adhesive, did this on a stack a bit back, use a powder fast set..ie. Weber single part flexible, sets in 1/2 hour...
Allways use plastic render beads just didnt use the plastic 3mm angle beads.:RpS_thumbup:

Think we are using different terma pal, 3mm is a skim bead to me... all other sizes are angle beads...
Sorry pal basically mean angle beads for skimming,same as the normal exmet angle beads for skim but plastic.

I always fab with the gear I am floating with.

You could use rapid cement either neat or with mixed with sand to a render mix. Waterproofer added if you want.

would I be better putting beads on with multi.when coating walls with limelight.as it takes so long to set.
Bead the whole gaff in one go with limelight then turn back and float, if it's just a room mix it stiffer then Wait easier than coming back to hack off

Status
Not open for further replies.