Put it on thicker

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Working in hospital and site forman came in today.
He said lads that rooms finished nice but you need to put it on thicker for fire regs.
I said you winding us up. He replied no it needs to be 4 to five mm.
I said you fetched us thin coat beads and board finish. Showed him bag saying two mm.
We put next bit on thicker away from beads but he then came in saying two mm.s fine.
Anyone every had this b*ll***s . I even said aint you meant tonuse dura finish in hospitals but surprise surprise he.d never heard of it

He said lads that rooms finished nice but you need to put it on thicker for fire regs.
I said you fetched us thin coat beads and board finish. Showed him bag saying two mm.
We put next bit on thicker away from beads but he then came in saying two mm.s fine.
Anyone every had this b*ll***s . I even said aint you meant tonuse dura finish in hospitals but surprise surprise he.d never heard of it
I've had no end of sets of plans stating 5mm of skim. I just put on my quote that the skim will be applied at 2mm thick, unless @algeeman gives me a hand and then I'll vary between 0.5 - 2mm thick.

Hes talking absolute b*ll***s if he wants additional depth he needs denser boards not additional skim.

Tell him to try and trowel up 5mm himself and see how he fares it will be an horrendous finish!

Hes talking absolute b*ll***s if he wants additional depth he needs denser boards not additional skim.

Tell him to try and trowel up 5mm himself and see how he fares it will be an horrendous finish!
I was gonna say its gonna have to be skimmed then re beaded and skimmed again .

Missed ye xx

Little tale from job. Lads dyslexic and asked if you can drink water out tap. I said not sure. Anyway he filled his bottle up . Later on i wanted a drink . Went to tap big ed and yellow sign saying for hand washing only lol.
He said he had stomach cramps last night

Little tale from job. Lads dyslexic and asked if you can drink water out tap. I said not sure. Anyway he filled his bottle up . Later on i wanted a drink . Went to tap big ed and yellow sign saying for hand washing only lol.
He said he had stomach cramps last night

Thanks for that!

Not his fault mate , he’s a Forman after all . Probably a jumped up f**k**g know it all with little man sydrome . I’ve probably only came across a couple of site agents that have been decent in years . They are one reason I went domestic.

I did a ceiling 1 coat for first time last year against my instincts, but it turned out spot on. Not pushed my luck since so 2 coats and no nervousness till next time i feel daring :frio:

I did a ceiling 1 coat for first time last year against my instincts, but it turned out spot on. Not pushed my luck since so 2 coats and no nervousness till next time i feel daring :frio:

lol

think I've done around 4/5 maybe 6 thousand plots 1 coating now (y)(y)
9/10 thousand before I retire mate :frenetico::reloco: