Pure Finish

Members online

Whyyyy do you hate meeee so mucccchhhhhhh I’m guessing your a domestic ceiling man as your 9ft 7.
Hahahahaha! I jump in between from both worlds mate, just because I can! Lol.
EE2C6F8F-3DDB-4A87-A379-5B233F98BAD9.gif

Love you really geez!

I dunno how you're always home by 1! No matter how big the job is!

Not always unfortunately but example: living room

Arrive 07:30 sheet everything up. Do any scraping n bonding then pva ceiling n 1 wall

While waiting for pva get everything in ready water etc

Knock up bout 9:30 put ceiling n wall on. Lay down flatten off then pva rest of walls ready for tomorrow

12ish gauge is finished so clean buckets etc everything ready for tomo

Next day 07:30 depend on mood either one gauge for 3 walls or 2 small if other bits to do like bay windows

All cleaned up done 12/12:30

I don’t smoke or f**k about drinking tea all day

Arrive 07:30 sheet everything up. Do any scraping n bonding then pva ceiling n 1 wall

Knock up bout 9:30 put ceiling n wall on. Lay down flatten off then pva rest of walls ready for tomorrow

Next day 07:30 depend on mood either one gauge for 3 walls or 2 small if other bits to do like bay windows

Sorry Lurpak just to ask what is the advantages of the pva being dry compared to tacky apart from waiting for it to dry

Sorry Lurpak just to ask what is the advantages of the pva being dry compared to tacky apart from waiting for it to dry

Some prefer if tacky but I don’t.

Dry pva will re-emulsify when plaster touches it.

Tacky or wet pva can cause slippy gear n pimples. Even worse failure of the gear sets on wet pva.

Dry pva never had problems ever. Will skim tacky or wet if no choice

Most of the work I was doing was ...in and out in a day so never had the choice, takes ages for it to go tacky in cold weather now

Most of the work I was doing was ...in and out in a day so never had the choice, takes ages for it to go tacky in cold weather now

Especially cheap pva. I always used uninond super pva dries fast but too expensive.

Trying to find a decent substitute for right money. Trying loads lately

Windows open helps pva set faster I have a fan too

Thing is lumpy onsite you get snagged so you have to be quality Mrs Smith dont know how to snag

Thing is Gary if a Decorater or chippy or spark follow s**t work on domestic they tell the customer who then don’t have you back or recommend. I have a good few Decorater’s, sparks etc pass my name on.
I’ve got a lot of respect for anyone who can put loads of metres on site or domestic to a flawless finish, clean out boxes and windows doors etc all nice and clean.
Our game is just a system and as malc has said just work smart its not that hard.

Especially cheap pva. I always used uninond super pva dries fast but too expensive.

Trying to find a decent substitute for right money. Trying loads lately

Windows open helps pva set faster I have a fan too

Wickes own brand is ok.

Buy a little fan heater sends off the pva in no time if windows and doors shut!

Thing is Gary if a Decorater or chippy or spark follow s**t work on domestic they tell the customer who then don’t have you back or recommend. I have a good few Decorater’s, sparks etc pass my name on.
I’ve got a lot of respect for anyone who can put loads of metres on site or domestic to a flawless finish, clean out boxes and windows doors etc all nice and clean.
Our game is just a system and as malc has said just work smart its not that hard.
I do work smart beleive me and most people decorate themselves after getting a spread in

Very good point

Yeah mate when I have a bad day and not home for 1 feeling sorry for meself
I go see the site monkeys to cheer me up

Did I hear that rite 3 walls 2 gaug

u the man 3 walls with a bay window 2gauges lol your so funny caaant

Still earn ur months wage in a week

Might have u come clean my buckets send me ur cv bitch
Lol u ain’t got a clue what work I do or how much I earn cause I don’t come on here bragging like a t**t,like u do,your what’s wrong with the trade your a ducking self taught chancer u caaaant

Lol u ain’t got a clue what work I do or how much I earn cause I don’t come on here bragging like a t**t,like u do,your what’s wrong with the trade your a ducking self taught chancer u caaaant
I wudnt say hes whats wrong with the trade ritch he charges a fair amount,its the lads that charge peanuts thats wrong with the trade