Purchase order

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
I gave a quote for a job. Which involved alot of patching. Chips here and there and holes in cornice here and there. Alot of it. So I priced this part of the job at day rate.

So man quote was 14 days on day rate @ x amount

I got the job and started today but only just noticed there purchase order says

14 days on dya rate @ x amount plus 250 materials

I've no idea where this 250 materials has come from. Does this mean I can charge them my rate + 250 a day!! ?? Haha

Haha. I've worked for this Company hundreds of times. This is just my first time as self employed.

I do have materials.. But even a one of payment of 250 covers it my a long shot.

Should I just claim the one 250 for the materials I require?

Basically they have wrote it correctly and have allowed a total of 250 for materials over your 14 days of work. Whether you want to chance your arm at 250 per day mats as a say clerical error is another matter altogether.

Nah I'm. Not going to try and have em off. I get alot of good work from Them.

But where did they get 250 from? I never once stated my material cost for the 14 days.
In fact the material cost is far less. I'm going to use 3-4 bags of casting plaster and some hessian scrim. Ah well. I'll just submit the bill and word it ad they have with my 14 days on. See what happens.

I gave a quote for a job. Which involved alot of patching. Chips here and there and holes in cornice here and there. Alot of it. So I priced this part of the job at day rate.

So man quote was 14 days on day rate @ x amount

I got the job and started today but only just noticed there purchase order says

14 days on dya rate @ x amount plus 250 materials

I've no idea where this 250 materials has come from. Does this mean I can charge them my rate + 250 a day!! ?? Haha

Another fibre geordie dancer........................:rolleyes)

sounds like they are giving you 250 to supply the job , which ive never heard of before .

Sounds like a copy and paste job from rics where the prime cost of day rates is shown in addition to material. Charge the 250 at the end and see if they pay it

Some of the companies I work for sometimes do that. It's basically to cap the amount on the order, so they know the maximum it can be for budget control.

As the site services bloke said to me on one job "It's a limit not a target!". :RpS_lol:

safe_image.php

Stressed is an understatement nate! Working the next 7 weeks every day. Finishing on site at 3 and going the workshop till late to make stuff for the next day. Gotta take it whilst it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.