pump test

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

layiton

Been using a clamped d 4-2 and clamped d 6-3 for the last couple of months, and when we do a pump test we never get a consistent reading. So say we are looking for the required 10bar or so, out of five tests we may achieve that only twice, the other three may be 2bar or even 0. As long as i get the 10bar or so a couple of times we will spray and no problems. Just wondered why it fluctuates?? Cheers

you only need a small leak on your pressure flange where the r&s sits or on the bottom of the mixing zone where r&s sits and you wont get consistant readings , ive been doing pump tests on a 5m hose recently and finding it better!

same here.....i now try and let the pressure go up to 30 bars or so give it further to drop and settle which seems to help but yeah it aint an exact science

Bloody machines!! water kept dropping today. set at about 300,spraying fine,gear started to get thicker and thicker, shouted to lab whats water at he says its dropped to 120. Its a fairly new r+s. Probs only 3-4 pallets of monorex thru it. Why??

Filters were blocked up with crap. Cheers blones. 1 more day and this jobs done,thank god. Machines make rendering easier but its still hard graft,especially when prices are a bit tight. We definately earn our money!!

eyou need to clean your filters every other day, its take to seconds, the damaged and cost , plus the work time lost if you dont will be a right b*****d. Get a cover for your water barrel , if you see anyone dipping buckets in to get water , smack a plank round there head. you dont want anything geting into the water mate. were lucky because we have monkey who just gives thm his look and they run away for fear of being eaten. As for the presure test, its what it drops back too, i would also set it at 8bar not 10 but like ian said, we get better results from doing it off the hose. A 10m will be ok.

monkey eats anything that hits that water butt. Feathers, dust, crusts and he like to tip high juice in it and guzzle it

Yeah good advice simply. We had a couple of windy days and thinking about the water in barrell did have a bit of powder floating about on top. Lesson learned tho!! Where the short hose out of barell to machine is, could you sort of put a filter over the connection if ya know what i mean. like some fine netting type stuff?

you could but that will get blocked and cause you all sorts of problems, best way is keep the water clean and check filters. in the end it just becomes habbit to check before spraying.

There is a pipe available that has a large heavy filter on one end and a tightening geka fitting on the other end. No need to drill holes in the butt

steve your machine already has two filters another one isnt going to make a great deal of difference , if you put really fine mesh filter on as well the water pump is going to struggle to pull water through! the barrel and hose set up youve got is ideal for your machine just get used to cleaning filters every day!

steve your machine already has two filters another one isnt going to make a great deal of difference , if you put really fine mesh filter on as well the water pump is going to struggle to pull water through! the barrel and hose set up youve got is ideal for your machine just get used to cleaning filters every day!

I just said all that you nob. :RpS_laugh:

if he carnt clean the two filters that are there already by adding another one is just asking for trouble... the problems are all down to bad house keeping

Ha ha nice one mcplaster. Yeah proves filter checking is important, that was stressed from buying machine, just got complacent,maybe cos every time i checked them they were always clean. Thanks for replies and im gonna keep barell and water cleaner from now on.

no no that green sucky hose is the niftiest thing you've ever seen tho. hell of a stocking filler.....wonder if Santa stocks em??:RpS_laugh:

dear santa, one crocagator, a ritmo L and a wanking machine thankyou please oh and something for the bird ye ta

Status
Not open for further replies.