public liability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct line tradesman costs me £4.92 per month for basic public liability.

my biggest worry would be the handle coming of my skimming bucket ( 3 times on site) while im carrying it up the stairs :-[

No, as you can imagine, be a f$*king nightmare trying to claim, I hate insurance, one big scam, thats why av got minimum cover, at least if a bag of plaster jumps on a customer an kills em I,ll not get sued and lose mi tent. :D

does it just cover killing them mate or accidental damage too .........sounds a good price

does it just cover killing them mate or accidental damage too .........sounds a good price

1. accidental Bodily Injury to any person

2. accidental Damage to Property

3.obstruction trespass nuisance or interference with any easement of air light water or way

4. wrongfull arrest detention imprisonment or eviction of any person malicious prosecution or invasion of the right of privacy

£250 excess

does property include peoples cars

Property refers to customers belongings, so if i run a bead down side of car it,ll cost me £250 Excess. Like I said piss poor, but you need it, just in case!!!

We are getting more like the USA every day with people bloody sueing each other its only been the last few years that public liability was mandatory for spreads, i was working for a firm last year and they wouldnt pay us until we produced liability when we said we didnt have it they sorted it out for us i think its a bit of a scam they had going.

at that price per month mate id be tempted the 800 quid new carpet charge gives me the eebie jeebies ........has anyone got personel accident protection?........is this where it gets expensive??

yes mate and the rest where theres blame theres a claim ;D..............in the dark really mate i should be looking into it but it's another outlay ...........but if i hurt meself then i'll be knee deep!!

deff worth having, if for example a customer was to trip over your bucket on the landing and fall down the stairs and leave them premanantly in a wheelchair then you'll be the one having to fork out for their loss of earnings etc, best play it safe, get covered, then ruin someones life   :p ....
... that was a joke  :) ::)

ive stop using the customers hoovers now, only because they break when i use them. then i have to buy them a new one.

the old hoover scam, they've probably got a perfectly good hoover hidden away. but get the old hoover out which has nearly packed it. then i use it and blows up and the customer starts kicking off because i broke there hoover.

or if you've got loss of earnings insurance, just dive down the stairs yourself  ;D

haha "1, 2, 3.....arghhhhhhhhhhhh"

public liability

ofcourse i always plaster in my shirt and tie while reading a book with my left arm and surfing the net on my laptop with my right arm ;)

i pay 26 a month but that also gives me personal accident insurace which pays me 500 a week after two weeks for a year if for any reason i cant work it covers me 24hours so its not just work insurance.

no the insurance is a set amount you can go higher or lower but then you pay a higher premium, i imagine you need a doctors note for the claim to kick in but its just peace of mind.

£26 a month isa killa for sumit u may never use...

maybe £6 a month then i would use it...
mind u the customers have started askin if i have it!
just nod and smile..

£26 a month is a snip if i were to break my arm or something like that, in anycase its all costed in to the quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.