public liability insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im with axa I am insured for 1million and also have accident insurance which pays out 1600 a month after being unable to work for two weeks its £25 a month given the current climate I feel an accident isnt too far away

cheers chaps.......just to update ive gone through a search engine to weed out the best quote ........i included the cover for offering the wrong advise and jobs going wrong ;D

i pay £56 a year through direct line covered for up to 1 million, to firms i subbied for wouldnt pay u unless u had it CLM from bradford an Dancor acoustics (c**ts to work for)

nice one napper went for it in the end £52.26 :)
1000000 cover
250 excess

youll be lucky gettin tool cover unless your vans built by securicor and looked after by the military every night..

i tried the £1500 tool cover and it went up to £119 :eek:

that is cheap that..last time i tried i wanted 3k cover, it was 500 quid and the van had to be alarmed, kept on the drive at night and had to have the security deadlocks that lock automatically as soon as its shut..

tbh i dont even bother trying to get tool cover these days..
the only people who are gonna nick plastering tools are other plasterers and you just wouldnt nick a fellow spreads earner..
the little shites that nick power tools for a tenner bag of crack wouldnt be interested in a mixer drill covered in shite and a few old bit of metal..

Yeah my thoughts aswell apart from all me tiling gear wet cutters dry cutters my makitas etc
and the fact they will have to brake into it to find out there is nowt worth nicking
always get business insurane on me van
normally get a better deal aswell

my mate had a luton years ago working near liverpool..
used to stick the tools in the container and leave the back rolled up cos he got sick of em braying the padlock off the back..

i got loads of kit in my van loads..but i ent coverd just bck up 2 a wall and set the alarm..no windows in my trafic so should all be good..and id hear if any c**t tryed to get in there...i also keep one tool near the front door ! its a wooden handle wallpaper scorer with 100's of spike on the end of the 4" roller!

Public Liability is cheap as chips. It's when you start needing help and go for the employers liability that the premiums start rocketing. I have a grands tool cover with my commercial van insurance (Royal Sun Alliance).

Yep got public and employers liability and £1500 tool cover, £350 thought was realy good for the level off cover i got :)

My public & employers is about £250 with Allianz, and the van insurance about £280 (all whistles and bells policy)

TonyM said:
My public & employers is about £250 with Allianz, and the van insurance about £280 (all whistles and bells policy)
Yep my vehicle cover about the same for both the pickup Warrior and the Movano

I think mine is £126 with tsb bank.With tool cover and 1.5 bigboys cover blah blah blah.
important thing with insurance in my experience is to get GOOD insurance and often not the cheapest isnt that good when you read the small print.

But what the f@@k do i know im not an insurance salesman!!

ring up gothic insurance .......say your a goldtrowel student and youll get a deal...(.hope thats ok to say if anyone from goldtrowel is reading :eek:) )
..mines 80ish pound a year, i just renew it each year now ... I checked 5ish years ago and it was a good deal then compaired to competition

Status
Not open for further replies.