Property

Zippydragon

Guys in a few threads some of you have mentioned you have second , third , fourth properties. If I was looking to get into this how much would you recommend to have to start? Also if I buy -do up and look to sell or hold on and do air bnb with it do you think this is a good option or just stick to buy do up and sell or buy to let.
Trying to make a decision for the best

I do not drink gamble I save my money
Make the 25% deposits btl mortgages
Buy a habitable property in ok area
Do it up as I earn, mighty take me a year in between my paying work to then let it out
You will or can not make it pay unless you work like s dog

On my seventh started in 2013

Your welcome

Guys in a few threads some of you have mentioned you have second , third , fourth properties. If I was looking to get into this how much would you recommend to have to start? Also if I buy -do up and look to sell or hold on and do air bnb with it do you think this is a good option or just stick to buy do up and sell or buy to let.
Buy to let you need 25% deposit minimum..buy cheap rent high..get interest only and collect rent back until deposit is paid back then either sell on 4 a profit or just keep collecting rent to live on then sell a few years b4 your mortgage is up..

Do it up as I earn, mighty take me a year in between my paying work to then let it out

Your welcome
repay interest only?

Your welcome
FFS, life’s for living. I commend your efforts but you’re a slave to the system in my opinion. Work work work. Then drop dead.
Your welcome

Your welcome
Appreciated- what part of the world?

repay interest only?
Dont need to repay if dont want to..dont need to own it outright..depends which road you want to go down.ive got 2 I pay off and 2 I dont..can just live off the rent then sell it about 2-3 years b4 your term is up,thus getting your deposit back and hopefully any profit value your house has made

Dont need to repay if dont want to..dont need to own it outright..depends which road you want to go down.ive got 2 I pay off and 2 I dont..can just live off the rent then sell it about 2-3 years b4 your term is up,thus getting your deposit back and hopefully any profit value your house has made
That’s interesting, I’m looking at a long term so there is a paid off income to cover my kids care when I’m no longer about so want to get them paid off but may need to turn a few over first to build a bit more money

Land doesn't have strings attached , no cost or depreciation when vacant , huge profits for long term planning goals , no mortgage to worry about.
The stress and cost of troublesome tennant's can easily out way the chance of real profit

Land doesn't have strings attached , no cost or depreciation when vacant , huge profits for long term planning goals , no mortgage to worry about.
The stress and cost of troublesome tennant's can easily out way the chance of real profit
with or without planning permission bof or does it not matter.

with or without planning permission bof or does it not matter.
Eventually most land becomes developable , the profit is change of use , profit from self development is not that great , the bank always does ok you get the leftovers with a mortgage , life's stressful enough , many will do ok from buy to let but how they do with a house price crash is a gamble

That’s interesting, I’m looking at a long term so there is a paid off income to cover my kids care when I’m no longer about so want to get them paid off but may need to turn a few over first to build a bit more money
You would have money built up in the house equity etc..on a hope house prices rise which 9/10 there do..I know some1 who's got 25..dosnt own any of them..you can always re mortgage them aswell..aslong as your not too old.say you got a 25 year interest only mortgage..after 15 years you've more than got your money back then some and built equity in the house then re mortgage it again 4 25 years so ur back to the start..there dont really care on btl mortgages aslong as there see you have sitting tenants etc and there are getting there dosh

if you just want one property, then repay the mortgage off, otherwise interest only.
My plan is pay my mortgage off by 40 then quitting skimming and just buying, doing up and selling one at a time. I'm probably wasting years that I could buy the second one sooner but I hate debt

Think renting ship has sailed. Think cash now is dropping on a toilet in a good area . Quickly donut up and flog it . On to next one
Or cheapo properties up north? Can buy a house for 70k, skim it, new cheap bathroom and kitchen and carpets and sell for 90-100k. But yeah I definitely wouldn't want to rent places out

Cheers for advice guys- brain is ticking with Airbnb, Mrs and I stayed in one and the people have 3 in a cul de sac, in an area where there are no hotels at end of motorway. They get loads of people renting them for a week at a time and then they just go in and service it like a holiday let. Could be a job for Mrs too!

My plan is pay my mortgage off by 40 then quitting skimming and just buying, doing up and selling one at a time. I'm probably wasting years that I could buy the second one sooner but I hate debt

just make the debt manageable. Flipping is not as easy as you think, unless you get out of the 'tire kicking' price region.

Cheers for advice guys- brain is ticking with Airbnb, Mrs and I stayed in one and the people have 3 in a cul de sac, in an area where there are no hotels at end of motorway. They get loads of people renting them for a week at a time and then they just go in and service it like a holiday let. Could be a job for Mrs too!
Whats air b and b save me googling and showing my ignorence on here?

I'm going down the HMO route currently converting a 3 bed into a 6 bed. Will bring in around 39K profit per year. If you renting out you need to be doing HMOS...5 Plus rooms or serviced accommodation. No money in it under 5 rooms.

Think renting ship has sailed. Think cash now is dropping on a toilet in a good area . Quickly donut up and flog it . On to next one
Renting is only guna get bigger..if you can manage it it's a good earner..the tax thing wont last 4ever when there see that there need landlords..

I'm going down the HMO route currently converting a 3 bed into a 6 bed. Will bring in around 39K profit per year. If you renting out you need to be doing HMOS...5 Plus rooms or serviced accommodation. No money in it under 5 rooms.

What area?

I’ve done a lot of work around Preston on the HMO scene. Those at the top are making some serious coinage. Eye watering money.