Product recommendation for “near” a shower

Members online

David Keena

Hi! I’m looking for options for a good product to give a smooth and paintable finish for inside these shelves over a bath (which will have a shower above the bath).

The shelves will have a sill along the bottom, so it’s the sides and top that may get a little splashed by the shower water. Domestic use, so expect the shower to be used once a day maximum. Large ish, well ventilated en-suite. The shelf itself has been constructed from cement board (HardieBacker, the same as behind the tiling).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

David

2D2AFCC3-82F0-43F7-A2F0-2B1778C01082.jpeg

Hi! I’m looking for options for a good product to give a smooth and paintable finish for inside these shelves over a bath (which will have a shower above the bath).

The shelves will have a sill along the bottom, so it’s the sides and top that may get a little splashed by the shower water. Domestic use, so expect the shower to be used once a day maximum. Large ish, well ventilated en-suite. The shelf itself has been constructed from cement board (HardieBacker, the same as behind the tiling).

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

David

View attachment 27412
Get a colour tile or cladding in in ther to bring the white out or it be like being in a hospital good job on the tiling by the way

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

David

View attachment 27412
A tv and video recorder

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

David

View attachment 27412
Fish tanks

Get a colour tile or cladding in in ther to bring the white out or it be like being in a hospital good job on the tiling by the way

Ahh thanks. The right measurements to avoid tile cuts help

Going to be a dark green inside, with a walnut wood sill on the bottom. Just down to getting the best surface for the paint.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

David

View attachment 27412
Mate y don't u put a poll up and a shower certain up ,good idea ye asuwere

Tf 150 acrylic thincoat render.
1.5mm grain, steel trowl finish and you can get pretty much any colour you want.

Johnstones do the most varied colour matches.