Problem with finish coat on porous wall

Members online

No members online now.
I have a problem where the finish coat of plaster has literally fallen off the wall with the tiles. I cleaned off the wall and applied 4 coats of PVA mix (4:1) and a final coat of PVA(3:1) prior to applying finish coat. After a while whilst drying out this coat started to egg-shell crack allover. I've removed this coat and am now wondering what to coat the wall with to stop it absorbing moisture from finish coat. I've looked at SBR Bond, Febond Blue Grit, Zinsser Drywall Pro 2-in-1,Thistle Gypprime but am totally confused as to what to use. I need to seal the wall and apply a bonding coat but with what? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Frustrated DIY Plasterer

I'd hack it back and board it got really sick of skimming over shite so dont bother anymore

Thank you for all the sarcastic replies, no real help. I appear to have wasted my time asking a load of morons.
giphy (47).gif

Thank you for all the sarcastic replies, no real help. I appear to have wasted my time asking a load of morons.
I thought you were suggested to hack it back and board it , safest easiest way for diy , sorry you've been offended , shame you didn't join in with us , many diy stay with us after they have free consultation , you post a question , and only come back three days later , if we wanted more info for a better diagnosis ( eg is it thermalite wall ) you weren't around , so sorry again , please let us arrange a free consultation at your convenience

I have a problem where the finish coat of plaster has literally fallen off the wall with the tiles. I cleaned off the wall and applied 4 coats of PVA mix (4:1) and a final coat of PVA(3:1) prior to applying finish coat. After a while whilst drying out this coat started to egg-shell crack allover. I've removed this coat and am now wondering what to coat the wall with to stop it absorbing moisture from finish coat. I've looked at SBR Bond, Febond Blue Grit, Zinsser Drywall Pro 2-in-1,Thistle Gypprime but am totally confused as to what to use. I need to seal the wall and apply a bonding coat but with what? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Frustrated DIY Plasterer
The problem is you used a finish coat when you should have used thistle bonding coat to straighten out the wall then apply you Finnish to this once it has set.

I thought you were suggested to hack it back and board it , safest easiest way for diy , sorry you've been offended , shame you didn't join in with us , many diy stay with us after they have free consultation , you post a question , and only come back three days later , if we wanted more info for a better diagnosis ( eg is it thermalite wall ) you weren't around , so sorry again , please let us arrange a free consultation at your convenience
Boom! That’s hilarious!