Priming block walls

Members online

Getting slot of hairline cracks in the skim work and am trying to get to the root cause. It was noted that the blocks were not ideal as had no key. Usually I'd just dampen down the blockwork so instead i put solution over it and went on when tacky. Trying to find out if solution was a bad idea.

Your mixing ratios for s+c need to be different for thermal blocks,couldn't you d+d if it's internal that being said floated loads of thermals with browning and never had a problem

That's what the architect spect. I wanted to do it in hardwall. I'm really trying to establish if Pva solution would cause failure in bond. Thankfully the walls doesn't sound hollow when you tap them.

That's what the architect spect. I wanted to do it in hardwall. I'm really trying to establish if Pva solution would cause failure in bond. Thankfully the walls doesn't sound hollow when you tap them.
When I've used s+c on thermals I've just gave the brickwork a good dampen down and let the scratch coat fully cure, ,I know a few lads use a cement sbr slurry or use fibres in the mix there's different ways personally I don't think pva is needed on the blocks