Primer and top coat in a day

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
Any lads used K Rend TC Primer and TC15 top cat same day. Prime morning, spray top coat afternoon.

Got a hot day tmw need to get job finished wondered if its possible.

Cheers

Definitely use primer. I've seen a disaster before where they didn't use any and sprayed it on. It had shadows and lines grinning through within a year !

I've always primed before top coating but then i read some comments on here that some don't bother also there are some thin coat systems that i've used that don't require priming they're Italian

I topped 30m of hpx base coat today without priming sound as a pound

Yeah today. Look again years down the line

If you get any bits of base coat that are thicker e.g by the beads etc then it can grin through with time. I would always use a primer for the sake of a few quid. They spec it for a reason

I've always primed before top coating but then i read some comments on here that some don't bother also there are some thin coat systems that i've used that don't require priming they're Italian
The only time I haven't bothered is when the basecoat is white
Best to prime though really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done loads of thin coat and I've tried not priming on one job it turned out good, I wouldn't do it again as it takes no time to prime and you are guaranteed quality. if anything goes wrong it would cost you a lot more than primer