pricing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

do you guys who own machine`s charge more or less than when you used to lay on by hand?do you charge more to cover costs of buying machine,or less cos you can put on more?i`m thinking of taking the plunge but i`m trying to do my homework first!

Surely you would have to charge the going rate, and you'd benefit by earning more by doing the job quicker. Once you'd earned back the cost of your machine, that is. The contractor isn't going to pay you any extra because you have a machine. The cnutish ones will want it done cheaper because they will object to you earning more money.

so they want you to do it for less cus you get it done quicker ???

tell them youll do it by hand then sneak the machine on site ;D

A contractor has a programme and a budget. If you can keep up with his programme with the least amount of staff you will earn more profit. A real plasterer using a machine to mix and apply the stuff can achieve this if he has some brains. Nobody really cares if you are earning too much, people like that are just greedy and dont usually have positions in companys that will not want you to earn money.
Also dont expect a machine to mix and pump money, its up to you to make it work best for you.

What time do you go to work church??
Why will a qs want you to earn less. If skim was worth £5 supply and fix (eggsample) and i turned up with a magic wand and earned some big money how could he tuck me up. He may say "because you did so well on this job i want you to work for £4 m on this job" but if i refuse he is back to square one because all my competitors work for around £5.

Day off today wife's not well , school run then nursery run ::) i think the "next" job you did the rate would be cut and one of your competitors would drop there rate if they wasn't busy or wanted a foot in the door . If you are in a situation where your making great money then best of luck and crack on , but i think you are the exception not the norm .

If you are in the situation you describe i suggest you stand up to them. They will never get the same service and quality if they keep trying to knock your money down. Lets say that you employ monkey and paul to spray monocouche a house for you. You give them 3k for a week and earn 1k on top. However you feel they should not have earned that 3k it is too much. Would you try to make them do the next one for less. Do you think they would accept?? If they are working for cheap money then surely everybody will want them. That said would they ever be available for your jobs.

A wise man once said to me. "Ian never worry about these very busy firms who are are cheaper than you, you should worry about the firms that are busier than you and more expensive"

I f**k**g hate quantity surveyors. I've had a couple of calls lately from QS's wanting rates for taping and coving. I gave them pre-recession rates + 50p just to piss them off. You know they are thinking 'bloody hell' I'm not paying that. c**ts.

Thats what they are payed to do though innit. All the work cheaper on this job is just tacticts. Some will be so nice to you that you dont even realise you agreed to a discount

southernmonkey said:
That hurt church :(

More simps than you mate , you would have to put in an extra lift of scaffold cause his so short , couldnt understand what his saying be a nightmare

a job im trying to agree a price on atm. spec is hardwall and set. i suggested mp75. he looked into and said ok, but for £1 a meter less. i said no. he said but u can do it quicker. i said yeah, but if u dont pay me the ful rate to do mp75 then u have to pay some1 else to do hardwall and set and do it slower. they just try it on a bit.

also a lot of my work is extensions. i cant always do it on a price. but i can still get an extra £50+ a day charging for a labourer and spraying on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.