Pricing

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheet

hi,there just trying to set up on my own, working on getting work in advance then jack my job in, I've put some ads in the local rags & got a bit of response but been to price a ceiling up today(insurance job) they have had a leak in the bathroom I've got to rip 1/4 of the ceiling down re-board & re-skim the whole lot 40 m2, its my first insurance job so a bit unsure normally I would go in at £400 or just below but I would be glad of any advice please.
thanks for any replys

not done an insurance quote but other lads say they price it up a bit. also a bit of advice I was given was to charge £20 for insurance quotes and refund it if you get the job. That way if they are just fishing for quotes having someone whos said they'll underquote anyway you don't lose out.

40m square is a good sized ceiling. i would charge double the 400 for insurance work tell the punter youl give him 100 quid pay his excess yull still prob get the job cos punter will make sure you do and you get proximatly 600 quid .
pricing insurance work is totally diferant to pricing for private punters its normally bigger companies with big overheads that price this sort of work

thats obscene to what i'am earning @ h boots 430 for 4 kitchens bond & skim thats why Iam going down this route, I'll take your advice & up it to 600 he's sorted his excess out carpets , decorator,
I hope its like this all the time I think I could live with it, cheers

Always charge for quotes if it's insurance work!

be careful when offering a backhander like the one mentioned some people think that if you are willing to fiddle the system you are not trust worthy!!

I have doen a few like that but only on car insurance when I was young working in the motor trade!

Danny

thats right danny you got to play it cagey you have to go with your own gut instincts but just trying to show the newer lads the way of the world mate . how was paris anyway

Paris was beautiful, been there loads of time but jane my other half had never done it so off we trot!!

Snails actually are very nice, if you can actiually find a restaurant that sells them...lol

Very expensive to get pissed..... would not want to be a customer this week, got pay for the extra some how ...lol

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.