Pricing to hack off

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

Out of interest how many price to hack off on a fixed price?
The last two I have done one was done on a price which came off within the timescale.the other which I had a idea would be a bugger took twice as long to get off,although I was on a day rate.
On refurb work getting it off is always a difficult one to call and I've been caught out a few times.

Ht and miss with me so I go on one wall a day based on a 3 bed semi. I don't do it anymore but my other two dont mind it.

I do have in my quotations now that if the render is fused to the substrate I will take it back to a solid background and use a bonding agent. The trouble is the render at the top is always easier to take off than the bottom. The customer thinks if you can get the top off the bottom can come off as easy.

The other way to do it would be to take off the lose render and then fix stainless steel EML over that and your good to go. Can be a bit more expensive, but it's always an option that I'd favour.

Just get a couple of numptys in for the day! All i do is put the stuff on these days let the dappers do the hard work!:musculoso:

Out of interest how many price to hack off on a fixed price?
The last two I have done one was done on a price which came off within the timescale.the other which I had a idea would be a bugger took twice as long to get off,although I was on a day rate.
On refurb work getting it off is always a difficult one to call and I've been caught out a few times.
If it's to hard to come off leave it on.depending on the size of the job if you charge around £500 depending were you are in the country then a labourer could knock it off in a week/week and a half easy.so £500 ish would always cover it.

If you no the customer is definitely having it done do a test patch and see how hard it is done loads were it fell off and loads were it well keyed then you no how much to price if for.

I price it high on my day rate, then get labourer to do it.

I've started getting ringing in my ears from too much hacking off so try to avoid as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.