pricing a job  Â£Â£Â£  ???

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

i have to price a job up tomoz has anyone got any ideas for me , is a re skim of a bedroom , i heard to charge by the room of around 200 thats without the celling but is that right thats without the materials, iv read people talkin about sq meters but i never do site work so im not to clear on the sq meter pricing a lot of my work is domestic so im a bit up in the air on what to charge its about a 12foot by 12foot room and about 9ft high walls i think it has 1external corner that will need slim bead.

just a rough estimate of what you guys think i should charge and how long it should take me and how much with the ceilling.

thanks for your help

Re: pricing a job  £££  ???

i have to price a job up tomoz has anyone got any ideas for me , is a re skim of a bedroom , i heard to charge by the room of around 200 thats without the celling but is that right  thats without the materials, iv read people talkin about sq meters but i never do site work so im not to clear on the sq meter pricing a lot of my work is domestic so im a bit up in the air on what to charge its about a 12foot  by 12foot room and about 9ft high walls i think it has 1external corner that will need slim bead.  

just a rough estimate of what you guys think i should charge and how long it should take me and how much with the ceilling.

thanks for your help

no more than a day. just the walls 12x12ft 9ft high id say about £350 all in

HOW MUCH FOR THE CELLING ASWELL, HOW DID YOU WORK THAT OUT MATE? IS THAT A AVERAGE QUOTE, ?

HOW MUCH FOR THE CELLING ASWELL, HOW DID YOU WORK THAT OUT MATE?  IS THAT A AVERAGE QUOTE, ?

£450, u get people quoting al different prices, thats what i think its worth other people would say less other might say more

its a nice 1 day job for 1 man m8, if the walls are decent it should be st forward so thats 4 bags of multi and 1 tub of unibond, 1 beed, unibond thats £30 for gear and £150 for labour but if u think u can get more go for it, forget about meterage price on small re-skims

price quoted is a price for the North of England, prices seem to be much better the further u go down the country

the general price by the bag up here in the north is usually around £50 per bag of multi but if you are up against other prices u should get it for the £180 that I quoted

if you cannot do this job in a day yourself expect to pay a lad to mix up and clean for u around £40/50 per day

so it around 80 to 100 £ a wall would you say when pricing the average room?

What you got to ask your self is do you realy want the job if not throw a silly price in, if you need it go in at a reasonable day rate plus materials. A decent spread can do a room that size easily in a day including the ceiling if you are not confident you could'nt do it in a day expect to earn less, then you wont be disapointed, as for m2 rates most domestic jobs need more prep so just go on how long it will take you :)

Priced a job yesterday, simalar size but includes an artexed ceiling to skim. Quoted £500 all in!

Hello Mate
Same as tommyspread 1 days work £150 + matts, thats in the North East

cheers for your comments lads, that will come in handy :cool:

hi if all walls are good and its just a re-skim i charge around £60 a wall and 100 for ceiling

a would charge 200 then add materials if a priced it up n.e rates

Status
Not open for further replies.