Prices

Members online

Complete

What’s the going rate per m2 for dab, float and skim at the moment?
got a right pig of a job to price and it’s gonna have to be ppm2 to get it right.

Surely a pig of a job requires anything but ppm2 to get right? Ppm2 on average works out as some easy job some more awkward. For a one off s**t job though just price it on what it's worth
I agree but I meant a pig of a job to price as it’s a listed building and at the moment they’re not sure how much is gonna be dabbed and how much is floated yet

So they are going to have to make decisions on the hoof, unlikely to be any long runs or big areas in one go, and quite possibly lost time standing around. Price it for small areas at a time and include a downtime provisional rate for when your are waiting on trades or decisions etc. Downtime Hourly might seem a bit mean but you could give a1/2 day rate or state it doesnt cut in for the the first say 2-3 hours.

Why on earth are they dabbing a listed building. Surely it's down for lime ??
It’s dabbing where they have blocked off doorways. Then they’ve found that some clever c**t has bonded and skimmed over original tiles so they’re not sure if they can just dab these areas at the moment

So they are going to have to make decisions on the hoof, unlikely to be any long runs or big areas in one go, and quite possibly lost time standing around. Price it for small areas at a time and include a downtime provisional rate for when your are waiting on trades or decisions etc. Downtime Hourly might seem a bit mean but you could give a1/2 day rate or state it doesnt cut in for the the first say 2-3 hours.
I have been on site today and there are some decent areas to go at. I would add into the m2 price for dead time and parking unloading etc. Just wondered what the standard rates are

Every site I've worked on in the last 30 years they have told us the price we either accept or walk!

Do you meant site or just some poxy refurb job for a builder etc

Every site I've worked on in the last 30 years they have told us the price we either accept or walk!

Massive listed hotel in the city centre mate
This is the ‘gala’ room

Attachments

• B36AE181-770A-4CBE-B72E-FA24599B56C0.jpeg
    B36AE181-770A-4CBE-B72E-FA24599B56C0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 194

This is why I’m asking what people are working with atm. Haven’t done per meter work for a long time, I know it’s variable but honestly haven’t got a clue where to start

This is why I’m asking what people are working with atm. Haven’t done per meter work for a long time, I know it’s variable but honestly haven’t got a clue where to start

I think your going about this the wrong way tbh.

If theve asked you to tender & you dont feel comfy that it will work well on m2 then work it as completed phases or day rate.

If theve asked you to tender & you dont feel comfy that it will work well on m2 then work it as completed phases or day rate.

Yea the more I think about it the more I’m gonna tell them a day rate per man

Massive listed hotel in the city centre mate
This is the ‘gala’ room

you can see the problems that is going to be working there. sheeting every thing up, working above standard hight.
your meterage is going to be low. there will be clerk of the works, architect, and english heritage to please.

Last edited:
Tbh I can never price up of drawings at all , but let me walk round when it’s ready I’m fine to work out a price

Tomayto tomato.

To me a building site rises out of the ground and a refurb is an existing structure however big it is or however many men.

Awesome looking job though mate.
Yea splitting hairs but I hear ya. yea It will be, I’m just working out the stairwells atm but hoping to get the lot