Prices.

MIXERMAN

Went to look at a job other day . Was there half hour customer asked me a million questions about how I would tackle the job . It's his hallway lots of fidily bits. Dryline half a wall . Patch in the lid. Bit of covering . skirting ect. He was nice guy.lived in one of the most expensive roads round my way. Said he doesn't like to be ripped off buy tradesman ect. Sent him quote that evening /£450 . He replied is that 2days work .I replied yes which it is . Haven't heard from him.

Half hour to quote? I’ve quoted full refurbs in under 5 mins lol. Madness
can generally walk into a house and say x amount 1st glance... but some customers want to know the ins and outs as if they are project managing a hotel build.
but find most questions are so they can try do bits themselves or compare against others

Went to look at a job other day . Was there half hour customer asked me a million questions about how I would tackle the job . It's his hallway lots of fidily bits. Dryline half a wall . Patch in the lid. Bit of covering . skirting ect. He was nice guy.lived in one of the most expensive roads round my way. Said he doesn't like to be ripped off buy tradesman ect. Sent him quote that evening /£450 . He replied is that 2days work .I replied yes which it is . Haven't heard from him.

Soon as he uttered the words don’t
Like to be ripped off
In the plastering rule book #pg12 is that moron would not get another minute of you time

Your welcome

Half hour to quote? I’ve quoted full refurbs in under 5 mins lol. Madness
I've gone to jobs b4 lurpy to do a ceiling..yes 1 ceiling I'm like after about a minute looking I'm like ye il get a price and date back to you,there like dont you want to measure it etc,obvs some re***ds been b4 and got tape out..

Never say days aswell..say 2 visits etc,say days and there think ur there bitch 4 8 hours

I always get tape out just so it looks like what I’m doing . Then I turned my back to the customer and write some random stuff down in my book . Get my calculator out and punch in some made up numbers and hey presto there is your quote sir .

I always get tape out just so it looks like what I’m doing . Then I turned my back to the customer and write some random stuff down in my book . Get my calculator out and punch in some made up numbers and hey presto there is your quote sir .
Il write s**t down if it warrants it..its more important to turn up smart,be polite and know ur stuff..try create abit of chat..if its 1 ceiling I ain't writing alot of s**t dwn and getting tape out

Written estimate from me which takes time. Price all materials and time taken to complete. I don't guess. Some give verbal estimate then follow up with a written quote if they are interested, or write on card but not very professional and asking for trouble. If customer gets a few prices it can be a lottery with the low and high price get thrown out. Don't expect to get every job you price for and don't let it bother you. Cit 2 months coming up which can cause stress with bills coming in. Weather is holding though