Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Private Member
I have been working as a self employed dryliner for longer now than I care to remember and make a fair living doing so. Could someone please tell me how much to charge and maybe even go and look at my jobs and price them for me as I am stupid as fcuk. Thankyou please.
I have some flats to price in Newquay. I'm not sure where they are exactly, but if you drive around and ask at every site, you will find them eventually.
Just PM me the prices and i'll be very grateful.

I have been working as a self employed dryliner for longer now than I care to remember and make a fair living doing so. Could someone please tell me how much to charge and maybe even go and look at my jobs and price them for me as I am stupid as fcuk. Thankyou please.
I have some flats to price in Newquay. I'm not sure where they are exactly, but if you drive around and ask at every site, you will find them eventually.
Been on the sauce?

:RpS_laugh:

I've had a few emails from a 'Chief Estimator' recently from a decent sized outfit 'inviting' me to send them my rates. I would have been flattered once upon a time but now I just know this c**t wants me to do his fkin job for him. :RpS_cursing:

now theres an impressive title " chief estimator"...............:RpS_thumbup:

Unfortunately a lot of main stream construction firms, will not send out bill of quantities these days, but, thankfully they will gladly forward you all the relevant drawings, in a digital format you cannot understand or open, complete with outdated revisions, and presented with outdated specifications, and crucially,complete with every other trades unwanted designs and specs for you to peruse at your leisure.

From this, it is is quite simple to gauge the costs, quantities and labour resources required to accurately price and tender most jobs in the current climate, and by doing so, will afford the relevant Project QS with more time to allocate to more pressing issues.

:RpS_thumbsup:

Well Tony im gonna have to call it a day ive called at every site in Newquay, i will be back monday in case ive missed one :)

Unfortunately a lot of main stream construction firms, will not send out bill of quantities these days, but, thankfully they will gladly forward you all the relevant drawings, in a digital format you cannot understand or open, complete with outdated revisions, and presented with outdated specifications, and crucially,complete with every other trades unwanted designs and specs for you to peruse at your leisure.

From this, it is is quite simple to gauge the costs, quantities and labour resources required to accurately price and tender most jobs in the current climate, and by doing so, will afford the relevant Project QS with more time to allocate to more pressing issues.

Had one for some M.O.D. work. Fk me that was complicated! :RpS_scared:

Once you get your head around it Autodesk quantity takeoff 2013 works well :razz:

Last edited:
The lads in Cornwall (treliske) were getting 2.20 for double boarding soundblock/firleline and standard board tony base you're rates on these lol

Then they put p.s no extras and take the lowest quote because someone's missed something

Had one for some M.O.D. work. Fk me that was complicated! :RpS_scared:

we had to quote for some work from scadie ,the armys secret dept. it took 3 months for us to get the security passes, then we where working in an empty building!

Last edited:
scadie is a fenced off area, in colchester garrision, out of bounds to squddies. it was just a empty building having a refit

But there might have been 40 squaddies watching you. all dressed in the latest "stealth" camouflaged kit. :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.