Prices- too much or not enough?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogomollie

I don't work full time as a plasterer but when I do get asked to price a job I believe I am putting in a fair price, recently I have priced a few jobs but they haven't taken the bait. I know its near xmas and work prob dies off for most but surely by asking for a price you have the means to want your room(s) done.
My latest price was to dot n dab 3 rooms and then skim and also a fire breast wall in the living room.
Room 1 was 12.2m2 ceiling was already done.
Room 2 was 6.21m2
Room 3 was 5m2

All boards were provided except for moisture boards for bathroom which was included in my price.
My price was £1190 and that was paying a lad £150 for 3 days graft with me.

Do you think am under pricing or not asking for enough?

I priced a stone cottage the other day to dampproof and i put in a decent price and i was a grand under someone else so **** knows marra.........think its too hard to gauge with some people working for beer tokens

I bet you were busy last night attending RTC's and helping flood victims.
Maybe that is why so many firemen do plastering as a sideline. They can attend a flooded property, and then give the homeowner their number to repair the damage.

I'm guessing you mean that's the area of the room so providing they are pretty square and not loads and loads of alcoves I make it about 80m2 of walls and about 90m2 of skimming so materials should be about £120 including a bit of wastage and beads etc and let's say the middle room is moisture so that's about another £40.
1190 minus 160 and 450 for your lad is 580 which is for you for 3 days work which is 193 a day. Doesn't sound like a site job so I guess you should have a bit of lost time dealing with rubbish etc but it also doesn't sound like you will need to sheet over Doris's coffee table.

i'm not saying its to big a price or maybe your paying your lad more than most spreads on domestics (although I'm sure someone will) I'm just trying to work it out for you.

unless of coarse you really can't measure a room for **** in which case your pricing will never be right.

450 for the lad? 150 don't you mean? Which comes out at £293 a day by your reckoning.

If the area of a room is 5m2 then you could say that its 2.5 by 2.5 and at an ever age height of 2.4m admittedly some of it is guess work and I would never measure a job that way but its enough thoroughly gauge mats and realise he asking for a top wage on domestic. IMO.

you dont work full time as a plasterer you say, so what do you do full time ,a fireman for example, personally i think you have a cheek coming on here potentialy taking work away from somebody who works for themselves ,asking what prices are when plasterers near you would be grateful for this work

If the area of a room is 5m2 then you could say that its 2.5 by 2.5 and at an ever age height of 2.4m admittedly some of it is guess work and I would never measure a job that way but its enough thoroughly gauge mats and realise he asking for a top wage on domestic. IMO.

Your maths is all to cock. 2.5x2.5 is 6.25

We are talking 2 by 2.5 then which is means I over measure that room by about 2 and a half m2 which for dot and dab and skim works out at less than a fiver, basically I was being generous to start with we all know that based rooms with that area 160 would cover the dab and skim plus some MR. I admit my workings are a little out but we are talking peanuts compared to the labour rate. The customer is even supplying the boards Ffs.

Shouldn't have tried to work it out and help him realise he is over charging and raping people who actually need to make a living out of it. My apologies, go

To compare there are two of us and we charge 100 each/day labour plus mats at our prices. There are still folks who undercut us. Wish I could earn a snuff under 300/day.

depends how tall you are marra.................:RpS_thumbup:
Mabye his dimensions are spot on and he's doing the Job for inchy ???
:RpS_biggrin:
Inch-High-Private-Eye_zps3e5c3d64.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.