prices Hot topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
SkyZOO said:
also.... spunky will still be able to get on site,, but will have to work, supervised by some1 who is NVQ level 3 Qualified...untill he pay's the £600 2 get the guy out, who's is acctually a chippy,(who dosnt give a f@@k) to say yep he can plaster, and he get his card, its that simple flynnyman.

What a load of bollox Your wrong my friend if you think one guy is covering the whole of the country your mistaken also if you think it costs £600 point me to a link, spunky wont get on site if hes workin with someone qualified or even if he is married to the site agent who told you this?

resting on our days off ,? i have too do two jobs coz as a fireman i get hammered in tax mate unlike you self enployed boys who just le a say you earn 12 grand and get about 500 a month in family tax credits mate , give me your number and ill ring you xmas day when im at work , ill ring you new years eve when im at work , so dont appreciate the comments about lazy firemen etc , love plastering as i get alot of satisfaction , im a fireman to pay my bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olie501 said:
resting on our days off ,? i have too do two jobs coz as a fireman i get hammered in tax mate unlike you self enployed boys who just le a say you earn 12 grand and get about 500 a month in family tax credits mate , give me your number and ill ring you xmas day when im at work , ill ring you new years eve when im at work , so dont appreciate the comments about lazy firemen etc , love plastering as i get alot of satisfaction , im a fireman to pay my bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing first Olie I didn't call firemen lazy, I've been friends with a few firemen over the years and know they're not lazy but even they said that people doing certain types of work on their rest days meant that they are not fresh for their "proper" job. On the tax side of things I run my own Ltd. company and am VAT registered, almost all my work is new build work for building firms and there absolutely no cash involved so don't think you're the only one that pays tax and NI. What sort of plastering work do you do? Do you put it through the books, have separate accounts done for this extra earnings? And I bet that because you have a guaranteed wage coming in you price your plastering jobs cheaper than your local full time plasterer can afford to, that's fair isn't it.
Now I've never worked on Christmas day but in the past used to work on Christmas eve and then went back to work the day after Boxing day and worked through to New years eve, only taking New years day off.

and dont forget , if we have a holiday we dont get paid, if we hurt ourselves we dont get paid. I think you boys get treat like crap by the govenment but doing seconds jobs aint the answer. your given days off to rest so like andy says, how can you be on the ball, surely , if your out working on your days off and you are not on the ball thta puts your team and public at risk. I bet any money, if you gave up and went self employed, you would wish you hadnt within 2 years. I new a window cleaner who had a couple vans and teams but his main problem was the fireman doing it on there days off and cutting the prices down.

flynnyman said:
SkyZOO said:
also.... spunky will still be able to get on site,, but will have to work, supervised by some1 who is NVQ level 3 Qualified...untill he pay's the £600 2 get the guy out, who's is acctually a chippy,(who dosnt give a f@@k) to say yep he can plaster, and he get his card, its that simple flynnyman.

What a load of bollox Your wrong my friend if you think one guy is covering the whole of the country your mistaken also if you think it costs £600 point me to a link, spunky wont get on site if hes workin with someone qualified or even if he is married to the site agent who told you this?

i was using that as an example... ''my friend'' i not saying there's only 1 person who does the nvq's im saying all there intrested in is your ££££££££... and if a certain amount of people who arnt qualified arnt aloud on site how are they gona teach people.

trouble is flynny's right did an induction this morning and had to check quals on card against your job title if you got a labourers card you can labour but not plaster this is the way its going check out these insight solutions they can help get your nvq and it is all bollox its just a money making scheme

so after all the qulified plasters are retired or dead... who will do the plastering on site????? no 1

also to achive an nvq ll in plastering,, you have to be working in the trade, how are u gona do that if your not aloud on site.

the last sites i been on they been using as test cases so you can still get on site if you do it now you will be saving yourself aggro

grand wizard said:
you go to college or night school

i think your missing the point here... to get a nvq 11 u have 2 be working with in the trade, how are u gona do that if u cant get on site,,, u can do a ICA qulification in night school but it dont mean jack.

also just rang construction skills and they said, its up to the site weather they let qulified or unqulified trades men in,, it not the law. its all down to site disgression, so there will be site's that wont have these rules in practise in 2010.

i just got myself a basic card just to get me on site... also it lasts 5 years wheras the trade cards have to be renewed every year or so im led to believe... its just anoth way the goverment can screw money out of us... also on some site you have to have a site visitor cscs card... I dont give a stuff what it says on my card just got the basics... but i can do the job

SkyZOO said:
flynnyman said:
SkyZOO said:

i was using that as an example... ''my friend'' i not saying there's only 1 person who does the nvq's im saying all there intrested in is your ££££££££... and if a certain amount of people who arnt qualified arnt aloud on site how are they gona teach people.
wether their interested in £££££££ or not you will still need one f**k me are you thick? What the f**k do you mean teach people they are there to plaster if they have an apprentice he gets himself a trainee card read the cscs website.

SkyZOO said:
so after all the qulified plasters are retired or dead... who will do the plastering on site????? no 1

also to achive an nvq ll in plastering,, you have to be working in the trade, how are u gona do that if your not aloud on site.

The new trained plasterers will do it dddddddddddddddddeeeeee lol

Get your arse to college and get trained tut tut

SkyZOO said:
grand wizard said:
you go to college or night school

i think your missing the point here... to get a nvq 11 u have 2 be working with in the trade, how are u gona do that if u cant get on site,,, u can do a ICA qulification in night school but it dont mean jack.

also just rang construction skills and they said, its up to the site weather they let qulified or unqulified trades men in,, it not the law. its all down to site disgression, so there will be site's that wont have these rules in practise in 2010.
Its down to disgresion but either way you will need the card, but who's gonna get the job the one with the skilled card or the laborers card?

Render Systems said:
i just got myself a basic card just to get me on site... also it lasts 5 years wheras the trade cards have to be renewed every year or so im led to believe... its just anoth way the goverment can screw money out of us... also on some site you have to have a site visitor cscs card... I dont give a stuff what it says on my card just got the basics... but i can do the job

they last five years and a visitors card lets you visit the site, what is a basic card?

basic skills my brother has one but he has industry accreditation on back aswell its all a bit confusing if you ask me

grand wizard said:
basic skills my brother has one but he has industry accreditation on back aswell its all a bit confusing if you ask me

Industry accreditation is that what has closed you could get it when it first came out?

grand wizard said:
so does he need an nvq flynny

look here http://www.cscs.uk.com/faqs/the-cscs-scheme/11

If you do not have these qualifications, you may apply for a skilled card if you are experienced in your job and your occupation is available through industry accreditation. Industry accreditation is open for a limited time only.

To qualify for a card you need to:

* Check to see if your trade is covered by CSCS.
* Pass the health and safety test.
* Register for an NVQ or SVQ.
* Complete an NVQ or SVQ profiling session.

This card is valid for three years and is non-renewable.

The card is issued on a temporary basis, while a NVQ or SVQ is being achieved. It is expected to be replaced by a skilled five year card on achievement of NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or higher.

All applicants must pass either the appropriate level of construction health and safety test.

click on flynnys link and check out the news link on there on about page 5 there is even a grass tel no for grassing people who are site using a labourers card and doing skilled job, well that is takin the piss

hmn bad idea using fireman as a mere example. It was not a dig but i used this comparison because my pal (A fireman) dont shut up rattlin on about how good it is compared to his previous job (Tiler) happy with the money and the 4on 4off as he works only half the year he has time to do other things.. like oli says himself he is a fireman to pay the bills not a plasterer to pay the bills. as for cash it dont pay to work on cash any contractor must pay on the watertight cis system you only lose out by paying cash and 90% of subbies are cis workers. there aint any tax credit either every penny is accounted for and yes we take xmas off because sites shut down-not our choice, we work as much as we can because you never know when work will dry up. also those days off are unpaid no holiday pay here or pension or health and safety policy incase of accidents no dinner breaks etc 10 hours a day 7 days a week etc etc. Like I said its nothin against fireman its a pop at the industry i used this as my example because my pal is far better off than i am.

the experienced worker one ......think they screwed up on mine it runs till 2012 ??? and it says plastering basic skills on the back

del said:
I've got a christmas card is this any good?? :-\ :)

What should I do if I suspect someone is using a fraudulent CSCS card? ie christmas card

1. Retain the card if possible

2. Make photocopies of front and back

3. Record cardholder’s name and address

4. Ask cardholder where the card was obtained from

5. Call the local police and report the matter

6. Refuse access to site (subject to company rules)

7. Forward copies of all evidence to Gordon Jenkins; CSCS Ltd, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QP marked “SUSPECTED FRAUDULENT CARDâ€￾ with details of the crime number given by local police.

CSCS will fully support any prosecution with technical and factual evidence.

spunky said:
the experienced worker one ......think they screwed up on mine it runs till 2012 ??? and it says plastering basic skills on the back

'What should I do if I suspect someone is bullshitting about their CSCS card? '

1. Retain the card if possible

2. Make photocopies of front and back like they did

3. Record cardholder’s name and address ie spunky

4. Ask cardholder where the card was dreamt up from

5. Call flynnyman and report the matter

6. Refuse access to site (subject to company rules)

7. Forward copies of all evidence to Flynnyman; CSCS Ltd, plasterersforum, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QP marked “SPUNKYS IMAGINATION CARDâ€￾ with details of the crime number given by local police.

CSCS will fully support any prosecution with technical and factual evidence.

its what it says ;D.....ive no need to lie ........wheres the bit on the site where it says nvq will become compulsary in 2010? ..........just seems to say until nvq achieved ???

BLUE CARD - EXPERIENCED WORKER

This card is available to everyone with on the job experience (normally at least one year in the last three), but missed the industry accreditation opportunity.

To qualify for a card you need to:

* Check to see if your trade is covered by CSCS.
* Pass the health and safety test

The card is valid for one year and is non-renewable.

The card is issued on a temporary basis, while a NVQ or SVQ is being achieved. It is expected to be replaced by a skilled five year card on achievement of NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or higher.

An Experienced Worker Card can not be replaced by a Construction Site Operative or a Basic Skills Green Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.