prices Hot topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
just joined and read this message ive been a fireman for 13 years and a plasterer for 10 years, just for the record fireman dont go on strike for payrises we go on strike to stop the government cutting the number of fire engines to a dangerous level ,example you might have two fire engines covering your town , this means if you call 999 youl get 2 fire engines in 4 minutes , if the government get there way youl have 1 engine in 8 minutes , in a smokey house fire your brains got 4 mins before your brain dead , not having a go just clearing up the stike thing , i also agree bring back float and set and also encourage more people to be careless with wall paper steamers ha ha ha love them diy ers

olie501 said:
just joined and read this message ive been a fireman for 13 years and a plasterer for 10 years, just for the record fireman dont go on strike for payrises we go on strike to stop the government cutting the number of fire engines to a dangerous level ,example you might have two fire engines covering your town , this means if you call 999 youl get 2 fire engines in 4 minutes , if the government get there way youl have 1 engine in 8 minutes , in a smokey house fire your brains got 4 mins before your brain dead , not having a go just clearing up the stike thing , i also agree bring back float and set and also encourage more people to be careless with wall paper steamers ha ha ha love them diy ers

How the hell does that work 2 fire engines will turn up in 4 minutes but one will turn up in 8 minutes there is no logic to that what so ever.

if you go for the card as said before it list your skills on the back ie solid plastering thats the one you want, the other thing is when the insurance industry cottons on this cscs malarky they might be askin for your card no to check your suitably qualified to go into peoples houses, just a thought

Well I do insurance work day in day out & have been doing it for over ten years on & off all over the country,
more so the last 5-6 Years mainly local now though & have never been asked for a cscs card,
not saying it'll never happen,
but the work I do is for big insurance company's
& everyone I know doing insurance work which is a lot of people in all of the trades none have got cscs cards!

murplastering said:
if you go for the card as said before it list your skills on the back ie solid plastering thats the one you want, the other thing is when the insurance industry cottons on this cscs malarky they might be askin for your card no to check your suitably qualified to go into peoples houses, just a thought

good point mur

olie501 said:

If firemen were resting on the days they are paid to rest they'd probably get to the fires in 2 minutes and it would leave more work for those that rely on it for their main income.

Nisus said:
I just knew flynnycscsman would have to have his say I was just waiting for it ;D

I am the voice of reason and the voice of CSCS if you want fair play for good spreads im the man, im also the man to take us into the future if you need information on plastering im your man if you want someone to say im your man im your man. :)

murplastering said:

Well mur your spot on i mentioned a while back about most firms having to have a skilled workforce and this meant they could no longer supply plasterers working on labourers CSCS cards coz the insurance was too high and they were loosing out to outfits that could. So as Fergy would say its squeeky bum time. :)

Well Ive been on the p i ss for 12hrs now so I don't really care :D
I'm surprised I can still type ;D

Nisus said:
Leave Mr Render Systems alone he is a Legend!!

Thanks Nisus I appreciate the support... what you will find with me is that i do tell the truth and see no reason for lying about anything at all... i may have been in the game a long time but believe me im still learning and i enjoy every minute of it... i have mates who turned their noses up at my trade when i left school... a few of them have degrees and letters after their names now but are on the dole... completley unemployable... because they are so qualified they expect to much salary... I am out of touch with machine plastering now but in the 80's i did 1000's and 1000's 0f m2 in germany where they were completley geared up for machine work... however i dare say that 10 mins back on the hose would get me up to speed again. i will dig some old pictures out from my aufwiedersen days up scaffolds spraying... this might prove to the sceptics that i do actually tell the truth... cheers matey ;)

flynnyman said:
murplastering said:

Well mur your spot on i mentioned a while back about most firms having to have a skilled workforce and this meant they could no longer supply plasterers working on labourers CSCS cards coz the insurance was too high and they were loosing out to outfits that could. So as Fergy would say its squeeky bum time. :)
monkey say monkey do...................and if you honestly believe its a qualification youre a idiot

spunky said:
flynnyman said:
murplastering said:

monkey say monkey do...................and if you honestly believe its a qualification youre a idiot

No simple says monkey do ;).........................and if you think anyone is saying its a qualification your an idiot.

dont tell me its a skills card :-\........so youre slightly qualified yet not ???.........but the bloke that took photos of you holding a trowel nows its true so you must be a plasterer qualified to nvq standards ...........and in the test the chaps that told you skimming has to be finished 8mm thick are long gone .............f**k off ;D......youre a monkey for supporting it what did they do 30 years ago when spreads were spreads .......you havent got a f**k**g clue pal :)

spunky said:
dont tell me its a skills card :-\........so youre slightly qualified yet not ???.........but the bloke that took photos of you holding a trowel nows its true so you must be a plasterer qualified to nvq standards ...........and in the test the chaps that told you skimming has to be finished 8mm thick are long gone .............(french word) off ;D......youre a monkey for supporting it what did they do 30 years ago when spreads were spreads .......you havent got a (french word)ing clue pal :)

Im not telling you its a skilled card these do http://www.cscs.uk.com/types-of-cards
Im not slightly qualified im fully qualified :)
Nobody took pictures of me i sent my certificates off and received my Gold card in the post. :)

Im not a monkey for supporting it im supporting the fact that it sorts out the unqualified (like you) from the qualified and hopefully gets rid of a few chancers. :)
What did they do 30 years ago?
Maybe they done apprenticeships, i can guarantee they didnt have any 5 day courses and blokes like you would still be mixing up for plasterers instead of skimming plasterboards. :)

answer the question again and tell me how it seperates skilled plasterers from unskilled ones ....monkey :)

spunky said:
i give up ;D......congratulations on the gold card dont w.a.n.k too hard mate ;)

You might as well give up coz next year you wont be getting on a site with a laborers card to do any plastering :)
Dont congratulate me for my Gold card congratulate me for the British Gypsum award winning plasterer 1990. :)

cant see float and set come back strong as the governments hot topic on regs are insulating. Again i dont think an nvq will help as (Real) plaistering is more than a trade its a craft, an art. some can elarn and develope for years because they have got "IT" and some will never truly master the craft because they aint, however they will prob make a career and a living. As for the fireman thing (Written in a rant) my aim there is to draw peoples attention to industies that are regulated with pay structures etc and free-market industry like plastering where we have been left to it

Ok I looked on that cscs card site & this is what the colours really mean:

Red = Rent Boy
Green = Thief
Blue = Dogger
Gold = Gaylord
Platinum = Trannie (not the van)
Black = Triad
Yellow = peado
Yellow visitor = Homeless
White = Fraudster

and if you don't believe me have a look for yourself ;D
http://www.cscs.uk.com/types-of-cards

Nisus said:

Red = Rent Boy
Green = Thief
Blue = Dogger
Gold = Gaylord
Black = Triad
Yellow = peado
White = Fraudster

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nisus said:

Red = Rent Boy
Green = Thief
Blue = Dogger
Gold = Gaylord
Black = Triad
Yellow = peado
White = Fraudster

you forgot a few:

Pink = southerners
envy green = spunky
brown = qualified skilled southerners (no longer available)
real gold = mancs or award winning plasterers (usually the same thing)

We did all the cscs nvq assessment last year and i think i have already posted it on here a while ago, and the bloke was a ex chippy and not even a site chippy he was more interested in taking pics of us stood next to health and safety signs then what we were actually doing but fair play he passed us ;) Our partner also has the black card which is apperently a good one he got it on grandfather rights ??? As for spunky he wont have a prob getting one he's a good spread.

bodplasterer said:
We did all the cscs nvq assessment last year and i think i have already posted it on here a while ago, and the bloke was a ex chippy and not even a site chippy he was more interested in taking pics of us stood next to health and safety signs then what we were actually doing but fair play he passed us ;) Our partner also has the black card which is apperently a good one he got it on grandfather rights ??? As for spunky he wont have a prob getting one he's a good spread.

like ive said a million times it dont matter if your good it only matters if youve got one, apparantly goin of a few threads on here most of the funding has been pulled for the assesments and its not something you can get at the weekend so get yourself assessed now coz it is gonna cost you in lost work and paying more for it. A lot of people are burying their heads in the sand thinking they can skip past it but come next year if new builds picks up and there is a shortage of carded men your gonna be bolloxed also it might be worth thinking about your lab or apprentice coz if you work as a team your gonna struggle.

flynnyman said:
SkyZOO said:
spunky said:
i give up ;D......congratulations on the gold card dont w.a.n.k too hard mate ;)

spunky,, why dont u just pay the money and get the card????

his head is in the sand :) (T.P sand)

at the end of the day flynnyman..... why do u care about what colour card every1 else has got, as long as u got ur GOLD CARD.... who cares.

i asked spunky the question because im curious to why hes holding back so much.. i dont work on site so i dont know what the crack is.

also.... spunky will still be able to get on site,, but will have to work, supervised by some1 who is NVQ level 3 Qualified...untill he pay's the £600 2 get the guy out, who's is acctually a chippy,(who dosnt give a f@@k) to say yep he can plaster, and he get his card, its that simple flynnyman.

SkyZOO said:
flynnyman said:
SkyZOO said:
spunky said:

spunky,, why dont u just pay the money and get the card????

his head is in the sand :) (T.P sand)

at the end of the day flynnyman..... why do u care about what colour card every1 else has got, as long as u got ur GOLD CARD.... who cares.

i asked spunky the question because im curious to why hes holding back so much.. i dont work on site so i dont know what the crack is.

I couldnt give a flying f**k what card anyones got and i answered the question coz i can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.