price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

shewy

Priced a job last week old bathroom tiles removed from walls tile adhesive all over them artexed ceiling one wall to have tiles removed from.overboard the ceiling two walls overboarded make good the other two ,two pillars to be overboarded then overskim whole room.supply and do job i quoted £460 thinkin this was a resonable price booked the job in suppose to start it tmoro i get a phonecall this morning saying he got somebody else to do it £1oo cheaper.got enough work on so not bothered about no work,just p***** off about the way hes gone about it supposed to be a mate.just wondered what anybody else thought .am in the west mids. ???

hes suppose to be a mate so i thought do it a bit cheaper keep him happy,mates rate and all that

Oasis 600 for a bathroom seems pretty steep to me after all bathrooms are usually the smallest room in a house 300 is even steep for a bathroom even if you had to redo the lot from scratch i dont think it would cost more than 400 with materials but then again it all depends on its size.

Yeah i thought 600 was a bit steep....I usually charge about 300 to 400 depending what's involved and how big...If it's a straight foward overskim...250 is alright....But usually they need a bit of floating and boarding..

I am in the west mids & for that job i would charge exactly £360
Infact i'm doing a similar job this week.
Whereabouts in the west mids you from mate ?

Nisus said:

well id do it for 340. and i can start monday.

I use to get £300 a bathroom labour only.... do them in a day normally but they are normally already ripped out and ready to skim

Danny

Nisus said:
i am in birmingham mate

Freerider_2009 said:
600 aint steep, its hardly just a simple over skim is it!
I wish some of the builders i do work for seen it like that trouble is even if you spend half a day preping it up bathrooms are only usually 1 set 2 - 3 bags tops finished by 1-2 oclock its hard to price it at 600 for what they usually see it as half a day plus the last couple we have done they were tiling them top to bottom but still wanted them skimmed right out.

looking back id say id go in at bout £500-£550 depends on the car on the drive but yea if it more than an easy day i charge 1.5 days if its not and easy 1.5 days i charge 2days me and the lab :) seems to get the nod.. then we work hard and do it ina day :)

hey i dont go anywere on my own theys days :) even if hes just mixing up and cleaning making tea or just telling em how good i am thats all i need from my lab :)

i wouldnt say small bathroom 15ft 12ft really needed starting from scratch the walls to make good are f*****.he didnt want to have it all overboarded would of been quicker that way all the messing about on job good 2 days there.

shewy said:
i wouldnt say small bathroom 15ft 12ft really needed starting from scratch the walls to make good are f*****.he didnt want to have it all overboarded would of been quicker that way all the messing about on job good 2 days there.

Tell me about it.... wish i'd put another £100 in for it now :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.